ADVERTISEMENT

Cannot believe what I just heard

GoodOReb

All America Prospect
May 7, 2006
Lee Corso say to Hugh Freeze on National TV, and then he repeated it . "As you know, nobody beats Alabama. They beat themselves." At first, I thought he was making sport of all the Talking Head excuses, but then he looked right at Coach Freeze and said something to the effect, "Coach, you should know, Alabama beats themselves.". What a sorry excuse of an individual!!! The bastard was attempting to draw Hugh out, and to get a reaction from him on national tv. Of course, Hugh took the high road and didn't respond! Hugh Freeze = Class. Lee Corso = No Class!!!

I remember during Game Day someone in the crowd behind Corso had a sign that read, "Lee Corso is a Dick"! I about wet myself I was laughing so hard.

Reactions: Fishing123
Dang, the guy is 80 years old, had time to invent a pencil out of soybeans (wikipedia-look it up), and had a stroke in 1990. He's getting delusional now;Coach Freeze surely caught on to that. Needs to retire if he truly believes Alabama beat themselves. Ole Miss beat them.

Dang, the guy is 80 years old, had time to invent a pencil out of soybeans (wikipedia-look it up), and had a stroke in 1990. He's getting delusional now;Coach Freeze surely caught on to that. Needs to retire if he truly believes Alabama beat themselves. Ole Miss beat them.

AND Ole Miss could've beat them again in a playoff. A real playoff is needed instead of the 4-team farce.

Amen brother! I was watching one of the segments on ESPN which featured Coach Freeze and Coach Brian Kelly (Notre Dame). The ESPN announcer asked Coach Freeze what he thought we'd see out of 'Bama. Freeze said (sic) "look for O.J. Howard to play a big part in the scheme of things. Also, he thought Kenyan Drake would make some big plays."
Well, let's see...Drake returned a kickoff for a TD and O.J. Howard caught 2 touchdown passes. Pretty good insight on Coach Freeze's part IMHO. [thumb2]

Amen brother! I was watching one of the segments on ESPN which featured Coach Freeze and Coach Brian Kelly (Notre Dame). The ESPN announcer asked Coach Freeze what he thought we'd see out of 'Bama. Freeze said (sic) "look for O.J. Howard to play a big part in the scheme of things. Also, he thought Kenyan Drake would make some big plays."
Well, let's see...Drake returned a kickoff for a TD and O.J. Howard caught 2 touchdown passes. Pretty good insight on Coach Freeze's part IMHO. [thumb2]
Coach Freeze is terrific! Could not have found a better coach. We can also thank Archie Manning for that.

Corso is like the Dickie V of college football. ESPN needs a clown to entertain the masses and he comes complete with a natural funny wig, rubber nose and shoes five times larger than normal. Nobody is impressed with his insights into the games he comments about. [pfftt]

Almost everybody I've ever talked about it to or read, outside of Ole Miss fans and Ole Miss message boards, believes Bama beat themselves with 5 turnovers in that game...I agree that Ole Miss controlled that game and were a missed INT and batted onside kick away from a lopsided result...BUT...not a lot of other people see it that way. It's not ok for talking analyst to put a visiting coach in that sort of situation, but Corso is old and borderline delustional at his age and could say anything and he's really only repeating what most college football fans (outside Ole Miss) think, might as well just take it for what it is, doesn't matter we still won.

Lee Corso say to Hugh Freeze on National TV, and then he repeated it . "As you know, nobody beats Alabama. They beat themselves." At first, I thought he was making sport of all the Talking Head excuses, but then he looked right at Coach Freeze and said something to the effect, "Coach, you should know, Alabama beats themselves.". What a sorry excuse of an individual!!! The bastard was attempting to draw Hugh out, and to get a reaction from him on national tv. Of course, Hugh took the high road and didn't respond! Hugh Freeze = Class. Lee Corso = No Class!!!
Yea, I saw that. I guess someone needs to tell Corso turnovers are part of the game. By the way didn`t Bama get a int off Clemson and turn it into a TD ?? So take away the 7 points from Bama because turnovers don`t count. Clemson won 40-38 !!

This. Cut the dude a break. I bet you'd make an a** out of yourself as well if you were 80 years old and had a stroke. Kirk spends more time covering for the old guy than he does giving any actual analysis these days.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT