ADVERTISEMENT

CL on Dak Attack

JediRebel

All-Pro NFL
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2012
Kentucky Lake Tennessee
Panama City Beach Police reached out to Dak Prescott

MISSISSIPPI STATE SPORTSMichael Bonner and Therese Apel, The Clarion-Ledger2:02 p.m. CDT March 12, 2015

635617657587982036-Dak-Fight.jpg

(Photo: USA Today Sports)TAGSDan Mullen

153CONNECTLINKEDIN 4COMMENTEMAILMORE
Panama City Beach Police have contacted Dak Prescott regarding the spring break fight that left the Mississippi State quarterback and two teammates bloodied.
Panama City Police Deputy Chief Chad Lindsey told the Clarion-Ledger on Thursday that Prescott has declined to press charges.
"We're waiting on Mr. Prescott to contact us," Lindsey said. "We haven't heard back."
The incident report filed on Monday by the responding officer described the primary offense as "battery." The narrative said when officers arrived at Club LaVela after the Waka Flocka Flame concert, Prescott was wearing swim shorts and a t-shirt covering his head. When he was asked if he needed medical treatment, Prescott responded, "No, I'm good."
The responding officer writes that he noticed the laceration on Prescott's face after asking him to remove the shirt from his head. He asked Prescott what happened.
"A bunch of dudes were hating on me," Prescott said.
The report says the MSU quarterback then placed the shirt back over his head and said, "I don't need this kind of publicity, I just need to get out of here."
When asked if he wanted to press charges, Prescott said, "No, I just want to leave, I need to leave, can you take me to my room? I don't need this publicity. I'm a football player."
The report said Prescott was offered a taxi, which he and three other males who "appeared to be with him" refused, and left walking north.
Depending on the severity of the charges, Lindsey said the statute of limitations could give Prescott up to three years to press charges.
Videos and photos emerged on social media of a group of men attacking Prescott along with teammates Damian Williams and Torrey Dale. Who the possible third person indicated in the police report could be is not clear.

THE CLARION LEDGER
Dak Prescott OK after being attacked on spring break

The videos showed more than six men hammering their fists down on Dale. Two men kicked Prescott while he lay on the ground. Another stood over Williams while throwing punches to the backup quarterback's head.
All the MSU players are back in Starkville without any serious injuries as spring practice begins next week. They were in Panama City for spring break.
Police are hesitant to press charges solely on what's displayed on the photos and videos.
"It would help if the victim was here and could make a statement," Lindsey said. "We're more than willing to hear his side of the story."

THE CLARION LEDGER
MSU: Dak Prescott spring break attack unprovoked

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.