ADVERTISEMENT

Conference Realignment & the Coaching Carousel

Levi275

All-America Selection
Gold Member
Jan 8, 2017
Group message posed an interesting question today.. Fisher is 8-12 in his last 20 SEC games. The RZ offense is struggling even with Petrino. Maybe their fan base, booster base, etc. give Jimbo the benefit of the doubt because they lost Weigman due to injury. But I doubt it. So let’s say A&M wants to move on and pay that enormous buyout - who do you pursue?

Oregon and Washington getting in the Big Ten means that Lanning and DeBoer don’t feel the heat of their programs being “left behind” now. I doubt Chip Kelly or Lincoln Riley were an option but they are also on the Big Ten boat. I don’t think Kyle Whittingham or anyone else coming to the Big 12 are “moving the needle” enough to warrant all the dead money on the books.

I suppose the only real options are sitting HC in the SEC (history says this is a tough sell) or trying to pull Dabo Swinney or Mike Norvell from the ACC? Cristobal is a great recruiter but hasn’t turned the corner in Miami. Supposedly there is hope from the Clemson camp they can leave the ACC * or * perhaps the ACC can get Notre Dame into the ACC full-time and then re-negotiate.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News