ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to UPig

I think we both need to do some heavy def recruiting after this season, still, was a wild game. Good luck the rest of the way.

For this season that win doesn't do a ton for us, but damn Brandon Allen deserved that one after all he's endured at Ark starting with Petrino's motorcycle. 4 different OC's and fans being way too hard on him after all our losses. He was damn near perfect tonight besides a few passes he rushed.

Reactions: Volasaurus
Best team tonight won! Brandon Allen was a phenom!
Bandon Allen was near flawless, and really hurt us tonight. I kept waiting for him to make a mistake but it never happened. (Of course Kelly played a great game too, which will be forgotten due to the outcome. Hate it for Chad...His efforts were heroic.)

Reactions: Volasaurus
Bandon Allen was near flawless, and really hurt us tonight. I kept waiting for him to make a mistake but it never happened. (Of course Kelly played a great game too, which will be forgotten due to the outcome. Hate it for Chad...His efforts were heroic.)
OM just absolutely sucked on Defense. Worst since Eli and the 7 overtime game

But for 1 freak play, neither of us would have to admit that. We'd be laughing it off the way Florida is laughing off their 1 touchdown performance against Vandy at home. Ups and downs happen with units in football (even the good teams)....We just came up one play short tonight. (If we were really as bad on defense as we appeared tonight, we wouldn't have a winning record with wins over Auburn and Alabama at their home fields (NEVER been done before by any coaching staff at Ole Miss.) Agree something was wrong tonight, but we don't need to scrap the coaching staff.

They have put together a team that wins frequently in the SEC West and hopefully will continue to build an make a team that wins and plays more consistently as they continue to recruit and build. We aren't a bad team, but we aren't a consistent team. If we can continue to raise our talent level and depth (and I think we are/will), we will become good enough to overcome nights like tonight. We were so close tonight.

Big, do you realize the talent on this team? Multiple first round picks in the NFL, come close to a mediocre Ark team isn't acceptable. The talent level will take a nose dive next year

Big, do you realize the talent on this team? Multiple first round picks in the NFL, come close to a mediocre Ark team isn't acceptable. The talent level will take a nose dive next year
I did not see "talent" in our secondary, or secondary coaching. That, along with our DC not making necessary adjustments at half, was the biggest shortcoming on our part. Still, give Brandon Allen credit----hellofa performance! P.S. Chad Kelly kept us in the game! Good performance on his part, but the defense---???

I did not see "talent" in our secondary, or secondary coaching. That, along with our DC not making necessary adjustments at half, was the biggest shortcoming on our part. Still, give Brandon Allen credit----hellofa performance! P.S. Chad Kelly kept us in the game! Good performance on his part, but the defense---???
I'll be the first to admit my own frustration with our defense tonight. Couldn't understand why we could not stop them / could not adjust to make a more effective defense. Obviously we successfully committed to stop the run...but as our moderators pointed out in the postgame analysis, we just lost a lot of 1-on-1's and that boils down to a talent deficit. If our coaches couldn't scheme well, we wouldn't be beating top 20 teams the way we have. There have been a lot of complaints about coaching decisions, but really, the players have to execute the plays. I disagreed with going for the 1st down at midfield at the end of the game...but I also disagreed with not going for it in the 3rd quarter. (Freeze is right...He'll be criticized whatever he does if the play doesn't work...and that's not really his fault. Coaches and players aren't perfect. But for the freak play, the effort was good enough tonight.)

Both offenses played a helluva game, and both D's were atrocious. We could not tackle to save our lives. Obviously Bielema was willing to go for the 2 bc he knew we would have eventually sputtered out trying to match ole miss and that explosive offense. Tonight it worked out in our favor. Good luck the rest of the way rebs. Trust me, us hog fans have endured what you guys are going through ten fold the past few years.

Both offenses played a helluva game, and both D's were atrocious. We could not tackle to save our lives. Obviously Bielema was willing to go for the 2 bc he knew we would have eventually sputtered out trying to match ole miss and that explosive offense. Tonight it worked out in our favor. Good luck the rest of the way rebs. Trust me, us hog fans have endured what you guys are going through ten fold the past few years.
He went for two because OM had not stopped anything all night

We are both lucky that Nutt is not HC. If Nutt were the coach, Allen would have either been run off or benched, because there is just no way Mutt can work with a QB for 4 years!!! [roll][roll][roll]

Besides Treadwell who else will go in the first round?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT