ADVERTISEMENT

DOCSIS 3.1 Modem

KaptainKirk12

Gold Member
Sep 21, 2015
I've finally decided to make the move and cut cable. However, I'm going to upgrade my internet package to increase my speeds. I have an old Motorola Modem, and will need to upgrade to a DOCSIS 3.1 Modem. Does anyone have any recommendations on the best one to get? I was leaning toward the Arris SB8200 or Arris SBG8300, but the reviews aren't so great.

I live in Miramar Beach, FL and have COX as my service provider. Sadly, they have a monopoly on this area, and are the only company to serve my address. We have a 3300 sqft, two story home. The modem/router are located in the center of the home. All TVs are either smart TVs, or have a Roku attached. In addition to the TVs, we have indoor security cameras, ring doorbell, two phones, and two laptops connected to the wifi. Recently, we have had to start disconnecting most devices in order to have a show stream without having to stop to buffer.

Any advice on how I need to property connect devices, and what devices I need would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to get to football season and have issues streaming games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News