ADVERTISEMENT

Doubleheader against UAB today...

Chase Parham

RebelGrove.com Editor
Staff
May 11, 2009
It's the game with all the elementary kids. The first one begins at 11 a.m. and both games are seven innings. Online with SEC Network+ (WatchESPN or ESPN3.com)

Sam Smith is starting game one, and Evan Anderson is starting game two for the Rebels.

What does that mean for Sunday? I have no idea. Mike could give Will Stokes another chance, or he could go with Jacob Waguespack. Stokes just didn't have it on Sunday. Even his velocity was down. From velo and command it was his worst outing of the season. Wags got in that jam during the eighth, but I thought his "stuff" was really good. His velocity has elevated well, and maybe he deserves a shot. Maybe Sam is on a pitch count and Bianco might go back there on Sunday. He was OK in those two innings against Florida.

They will be TBA when rotations are announced and we'll find out sometime Saturday, I presume. There's no easy or correct answer. Sean Johnson's injury is a very tough blow.

UAB is 12-9 on the season and 2-4 in CUSA. The Blazers won a conference series with Marshall and were swept by Middle Tennessee. Auburn beat them, 6-4, during the midweek recently.

Ron Polk is a volunteer assistant coach at UAB.

The two teams haven't played since 1999.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.