ADVERTISEMENT

For the Bourbon drinkers.

KentuckyReb

All-Pro NFL
Gold Member
Oct 27, 2005
Yes, like the students I get spring break too. Not leaving town until Thursday so I figured I pick up a few bottles to a add to the ol' stash. Bought a couple bottles of Eagle Rare 10 year because, for some reason, they aren't often available in Oxford. I've drank this stuff since my early 20s so no big deal to have it, but it's spectacular for the price.
My other two purchases were great as well. I bought a bottle of Evan Williams Single Barrel from the 05 line and for $27.99, I can't imagine you getting more bang for your buck. This stuff is absolutely fantastic! It's nice and sweet but not over the top. Nice caramel notes, a little vanilla, and oaky (in a good way). It's got a little burn on the back end but satisfying. The best part is that it's cheap enough to mix if you'd like, but good enough to drink neat if that's the way you enjoy your whiskey.
I also bought a bottle of Sazerac Rye. Super sweet and easy to drink. I highly recommend it, especially for under $30. The lady friend and I popped it a couple nights ago with intent to have 1, maybe 2 a piece. Next thing you know it's midnight and we've killed almost the entire bottle. She raved about the stuff and she has quite the nose and palate for good booze.
Just a few thoughts for the sippers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News