ADVERTISEMENT

Freeze is an awful play caller

Atl rebel

Rookie
Nov 5, 2011
His refusal to change and adapt to the game and the red zone play calling is worse than a eight year old girl with add. He refuses to give his best players the ball in critical times, hasn't built an average offensive line in four years and I can keep going. He's a good CEO type coach but my goodness his game day coaching is rough to watch. And don't get me started on the defense

But don't worry Hugh will put up 70 on New Mexico st and toot his own horn about how "good" the offense is, such a joke

Nice to know that we've gotten to the point where our expectations have all our know-it-all fans upset after a 59 - 3 win. Guys, do you realize that, of today's starting OL, only 1 was a projected starter at the beginning of fall camp? I will say, however, that I didn't think our defense would miss the leadership of Pruitt, DT , and Senquez as much as we are.

Last edited:
Not sure we miss Pruitt DJ and Senquez. Didn't they play against tcu last year. Granted we are beat up at far too many positions but we are suppose to have se depth at this point. If not, then pull off every redshirt and throw them in! We can just recruit some more in yen next class or the one after. This defense needs HELP!

Pardon the misspeak. I want players first and a leader coaching from the sidelines.

Didn't say we missed their PLAY...we miss their LEADERSHIP.

We miss their EXPERIENCE. Shackelford, Lewis, Bryant, Prewitt, Golson...5 seniors and their experience is not easy to replace. MS STake and Mullethead lost a lot of seniors last year, as well, and are suffering for it as we are. I don't care how talented a player is, you can't discount the experience factor.

Not sure we miss Pruitt DJ and Senquez. Didn't they play against tcu last year. Granted we are beat up at far too many positions but we are suppose to have se depth at this point. If not, then pull off every redshirt and throw them in! We can just recruit some more in yen next class or the one after. This defense needs HELP!

They did...I believe Robert Nkemdiche, Cody Core, Fahn Cooper, Evan Engram, Jaylen Walton, just to name a few, were also involved with that train wreck...Coach Freeze was there, too. If you're going to cast aspersions as to blame, then you should name all who were involved.

Let's just write off Ole Miss football! So many negative remarks. We NEED FANS, not negativism and doubt. No confidence in Coach Freeze who has brought this program to respect and out of the SEC cellar. I remember the Fourcade days-now that sucked! Glad we aren't that bad.

Reactions: CrossroadsReb
So we can't question Hugh's play calling because we were 3-9 under a different coaching staff, grow up y'all. Hugh has been great for ole miss but he ll be the first to admit winning brings higher expectations and his play calling gets tight and our weaknesses (o line and rbs) continue to be our weakness which is unacceptable.

So we can't question Hugh's play calling because we were 3-9 under a different coaching staff, grow up y'all. Hugh has been great for ole miss but he ll be the first to admit winning brings higher expectations and his play calling gets tight and our weaknesses (o line and rbs) continue to be our weakness which is unacceptable.
If you look at our recruiting, we are heading in the right direction. At least 3 OLs, and a decent rb in Swinney who was expected to play this season. FBs, which we need, are difficult to come by. So it looks like Coach Freeze is aware of the problem. I don't doubt, though, that he doesn't know a good play call from a bad one. He knows more than we do, and has a coaching staff who are very experienced. Plays, I believe, that you see are often bad because the OL is not putting out, not that it's a bad call. Coaches often use the term "executing." We are not executing on the OL.

Reactions: CrossroadsReb
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT