RECRUITING: Friday, Dec. 9 Recruiting Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neal McCready

All-Pro NFL
Staff
Feb 26, 2008
Oxford, MS
Again, if your business is interested in sponsoring this content, holler.

I'm going to try to do a better job of assembling recruiting stuff into one thread a day. It makes it simpler for you guys and it satisfies the people who are having a difficult time adjusting to the new recruiting landscape. What do I mean? Well, it's just changed so much. For the most part, the kids don't talk. They post on social media but they don't talk. The schools are pretty buttoned up right now, too. Why? Well, the transfer portal is nuts, and a lot of the portal kids saw what happened last year and they're taking their time and essentially hearing bids. Also, the schools don't want a lot of publicity on the portal kids, especially the higher profile ones, because that might scare off high school kids who are set to sign on Dec. 21. Most of the portal activity, in terms of guys making public decisions, won't come until after Dec. 21, if you made me make an educated guess.

Anyway, Rivals' Nick Harris has a piece out this morning. I'm linking it below.

Of note, Harris discusses New Caney, Texas, running back Kedrick Reescano, noting he believes it's down to Ole Miss and Oklahoma State prior to Reescano's visit to Penn State this weekend.

New Caney (Texas) four-star running back
Kedrick Reescano has been one of the hottest running back names in the country since his decommitment from Michigan State in October, and three teams are competing down the stretch for his services.

Oklahoma State hosted Reescano for an official visit right before his decommitment from the Spartans while Penn State will get the opportunity to host the four-star for an official visit this upcoming weekend (Dec. 9-11).
The official visit to Happy Valley comes at an opportune time for the Nittany Lions as Oklahoma State and Ole Miss have begun to separate themselves from the pack. Unless a huge visit experience happens this weekend, I see it coming down to one of those two.
Michigan State remains in the picture as well, but I don't see a re-commitment to the Spartans as anything more than a slim chance at this time.

Rivals' Woody Wommack and David Berry have some video of practices from Mobile, featuring some Ole Miss targets:

247 Sports' Steve Wiltfong is reporting Ole Miss quarterback commitment Marcel Reed is visiting Auburn this weekend. I could spin this as "no big deal," and it very well might be no big deal, but I can assure you Ole Miss doesn't want Reed visiting Auburn this close to National Signing Day. Reed is also planning to visit Texas A&M next weekend. Again, this can't be news Ole Miss is thrilled about. As of now, there are no other quarterbacks in the Rebels' class, Luke Altmyer is in the transfer portal and Kinkead Dent went through Senior Day festivities before the Egg Bowl.

There had been rumors Ole Miss commitment Ayden Williams would visit LSU this weekend after the Mississippi-Alabama All-Star Game. He shot those down Thursday.

To my knowledge, Ole Miss will get visits this weekend from Williams, Suntarine Perkins, Jayvontay Conner and Maryland transfer portal tight end CJ Dippre. It's possible Ole Miss brings in Eufala, Ala., OL Patrick Screws Jr. My nephews in Chelsea, Ala., know Screws, so I'll get them to reach out to him if my attempts are unsuccessful. Speaking of, big shout out to my nephew, Walker Williams. The Chelsea offensive tackle picked up an offer from Faulkner University Thursday. Good stuff, Walker. I'm happy for you. Screws, by the way, is committed to Georgia Tech.

Clarksdale, Miss., DB Kelley Jones, a Mississippi State commitment, has been turning heads this week in Mobile. Ole Miss has offered, and Jones is buddies with Ayden Williams and others. Ole Miss will try to make a late run for Jones.

More today as I get it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.