ADVERTISEMENT

BASEBALL: Good morning from Nebraska

Chase Parham

RebelGrove.com Editor
Staff
May 11, 2009
Good morning from Lincoln. About to drive over to Omaha and set up there for as long as the Rebels are in the College World Series. A lot of Ole Miss vehicles on the way up yesterday. It's my first time in Lincoln. The Haymarket district is nice but otherwise nothing has blown me away. It seems like a lot of people stayed here last night before going over today. Arkansas fans are all over the hotel.

It's nice having less humidity. First pitch will still see a temp of around 90-93, but I don't feel like my head is in an oven when I walk outside. I'm going to post some keys for today soon and then we'll have coverage when Joseph Gonzalez throws the first pitch to Justin Bench tonight. The two lower-seeded teams won yesterday, and it wouldn't be a shock if that trend continued today.

It's pretty cool that Tim Elko -- and possibly to likely Justin Bench and Kevin Graham -- get to finish his career at the College World Series. It makes me think of the guys who didn't get that honor, to play in Omaha during their careers. I'm not trying to wax poetic this morning, but it's such a cool event, and Omaha does an impeccable job with it -- celebrating the players and hosting a great tournament. Spoiler, it's one of my keys when I write in a few minutes, but the teams that focus on baseball do better here. Crazy analysis, I know. But it's easy to just be happy to be here. Get caught up in it.

It's been in my stories so far this week, but let me take another opportunity to give thanks to the Clearwater Group, our primary sponsor for College World Series coverage. Austin and the Clearwater Group have been friends of this site for a long time and he's a great friend to Neal and me. If you have business that they can help with, please consider it. Also, thanks to Corinth Dental for assisting in sponsorship as well. They've been great partners on the podcast and are helping us out here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.