ADVERTISEMENT

Group Rankings - Post Grove Bowl

FairviewReb

SEC Player of the Year
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2013
With the disclaimer...the Grove Bowl means nothing...I still believe some groups are much stronger than others.

So...

#1: Secondary - Holy crap. (3) CB's that would probably start for most teams in the SEC. Elston looked really good. Hampton has got speed Cody just didn't have (can he play as "smart" though). Conner is just a beast. Hilton...a man of all trades that just adds incredible depth wherever he plays. The Moore twins have got speed "to burn". National championship caliber group...no doubt.

#2: DL - Barely behind the secondary. The tackle spot is just loaded. Depth for days. They should be "fresh" all game...and all year. The ends don't look AS dominate, so that's why I have the secondary by "a hair", but if Ward finally puts it all together this group will just eat up some average OL's. Haynes just seems to have a knack on how to get to the QB, and it obviously doesn't hurt that he's so dang fast as well. Another national championship group.

#3 - Receivers - With Treadwell, another group that "says"...national championship. Without him, I don't think as highly of them. No doubt their is a lot of talent and depth, but they certainly struggled some after MegaQuon went down last year. Part of that is on the OL, but HE is the man that turns this group from really good potential to elite.

#4 - Backs. This group is hard to read because of the OL play, but...we've got some pretty decent depth. No All-World types, but as we saw last year...give Walton some daylight, and it's all over!! No need to harp on QB situation. Will just have to see how that plays out.

#5 - LB's. Another area without super talent. With what's in front of them...and behind them...they just need to be above average and to stay healthy. Maybe someone will emerge this year as a real all-star (I'm stating that as a fan). I do think we'll miss some of the experience we lost from last year.

#6 - OL. At least we're getting some good talent...finally. Health and development...pretty simple. If this group can "come around", this COULD be a very special year. I'm not terribly optimistic for this year, but hoping they prove me wrong. There is some really good, young talent here, but also a couple of glaring weaknesses that can't be ignored. If the interior can show some marked improvement, we should be OK?!?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News