ADVERTISEMENT

Harrison County CPS

jlittle67

Pre-season Playboy All-America Selection
Gold Member
Nov 15, 2011
Long Beach, MS
Some of you may recall the trials and tribulations I've had with my ex-wife. A week ago tomorrow I learned that on February 4 of this year, she left our 5 year old daughter in the her car, turned off with the windows up for over an hour while she shopped at Ollie's. She was arrested on misdemeanor child neglect charges and my daughter was sent to the ER in an ambulance alone. Fortunately my daughter was fine. The report of the social worker from the hospital says my daughter was released to her maternal uncle (my Ex's brother), that CPS was contacted who said they would do a wellness check at his residence. This did not happen. I spoke to my daughter that night at my Ex's house. No one ever told me this happened. CPS didn't call me. The social worker didn't call me. My Ex didn't tell me. I'm deployed with my National Guard unit. The only reason I knew about it was an EOB from TriCare came to the house, my girlfriend opened it and it showed a claim for the ambulance ride and the ER visit. I contacted CPS to ask why I was never notified and they couldn't tell me why. They only said their investigation confirmed the event happened. Then, the CPS worker immediately contacted my Ex to tell her I was asking questions. My Ex is a child therapist for a non-profit that works closely with CPS and the Youth Court on child abuse cases. I suspect she is friends with the case worker and they're trying to cover for her.

There's not really a point to any of this other than ever trust CPS. I guess I just needed to vent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News