ADVERTISEMENT

HDTV, "Smart TV" - what to buy?

Rebsrockem

All-Pro NFL
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004
STL
I have a Samsung 47" HDTV that had a "boom" sound the other day and went black. Long story short, I had to reboot my Dish HD DVR. When the TV acme back on, it had a couple of pixle "squiglies" (hard to see, but they're there) and there was a purple "shadow" around Shep's head (and others, lol). I called Samsung, TV's outta warranty - I bought it in 2004. Samsung gave me NO help on how to fix, repair service is 6 hours away.

I have a Sony Bravia upstairs in my den, really like it. Just wondering if anyone knew anything about "Smart TV's" and/ or what 47" - 52" HDTV would you reco? Any help would be appreciated. What a pain!!!!!! Edit = also LED, LCD, or plasma. Benefits? THX!!!
This post was edited on 8/24 6:42 PM by Rebsrockem

I had a Samsung flat screen that went blink on me , I replaced it with an LG, I have seen Sony's that seem to have great clarity. I have a large Sony in my bedroom that I used to hve in my den/LR when I lived in Frisco, Tx., ten years ago. It still has great clsrity. I have been told that plasma TV's generate a lot of heat and tht they "burn out". I felt heat on them at the various stores and decided against plasma.I try not to buy anything Asian if I can, but wit electronics you have no choice. I have never owned a Japanese car, my wife drives a Mercedes S-500, I drive a 20111 Jeep Grand Cherokee

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT