ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Bulldogs lurkers

electricreb

4-Year Starter
Oct 7, 2003
State fans are convinced they will be improved next season despite losing 17 starters. Why the confidence? All year later long you dogs complained that every score against your defense was against the 1B unit. Now that most of the 1a's are gone you are claiming the backups were better. One of these is obviously a lie. Can you guys elaborate?

Originally posted by electricreb:
State fans are convinced they will be improved next season despite losing 17 starters. Why the confidence? All year later long you dogs complained that every score against your defense was against the 1B unit. Now that most of the 1a's are gone you are claiming the backups were better. One of these is obviously a lie. Can you guys elaborate?
MS STake loses many O and D line starters, LB McKinney, RB Robinson, and their secondary is already terrible. 7 wins at best next season for MS STake with another Egg Bowl loss. It may be a while before Mullet sleeps again.

I believe it is 15 starters that they loose.

And you are right about how quick these rubes forgot how bad they bitched about the second string playing so much. I can't tel you how often I heard and read that most of the scores came against this 1b bunch (which is nothing but the second string) including the Jones boy who showed very well why he is second string---he's gotten fat and he takes plays off.

Now, theses same rubes act like this 1b bunch will win them the SEC West. You know---"Wait'll Next Year".

Last year was the best year in their history--over 100 years--and they still lost to Ole Miss.

The old State will be back next year. Lost too many good players.

But.....Wait'll Next Year. Nothing much ever changes in Starkville.

No one said all the big plays were on the 1b defense, a lot had to do with our DC just not doing his job, see the stats, aweful but there are plenty of "starters" that we lose that didn't play as much as the backups. Just because Mullen liked to give the start to the older guy, but the younger ones may play more reps. Chris jones was not a starter, will Redmond was not a starter for AJ Jefferson, Nick James were not listed as starters but played a ton of reps. We lose some guys, it will hurt but not at the magnitude you want to believe. We have plenty of guys that can play. We return the most important player on the team, Dak. We expect to compete next year, not saying we will be better but with as how bad our defense was, we should be about the same.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

7 wins? I don't think so. They may win six but more than likely will only win five. They of course play four high school teams for non-conference games. Then they will lose to all the SEC west teams. LSU, A&M, ARK, and Auburn will all be better. Their only home game in that group is LSU and they will remember what happened last year at Death Valley. Then they play Missouri and Kentucky from the East and I am giving them a win over KY due to it being a home game but Missouri will kick their butts in Columbia. Then of course their usual lose to Bama. And of course a loss to the Rebels in the Egg Bowl. Five wins is all I see.

Lol! Every MSU message board all season long blamed the 1B team for every score. But I'm sure you are correct, the backups were better than the starters. Lol! So how was States 1C team? You know they will have to be the backups now. But I'm sure you will tell us they were better than 1A and 1B!

It's always the same with you idiots. Every year you say the same thing and for the past
5 years we have finished ahead of you in the SEC. We actually have scholarships to give too. What's hillarious it that ole miss can lose a QB and replace with a juco head case and just assume they will be better but we lose a LT and replace him with a stud Juco tackle and you just assume we will be worse. We have red shirted tons of kids. We got a lot of young guys reps last year and where we lose guys, we actually may end up better with better coaching on defense. You can write it in blood,
We will be fine and the egg bowl is coming back to Starkville. Just don't worry about us. Mullen has proven he can coach,
Proven he can develop.
We aren't going back to the bottom and you can just accept it.

You lose a hell of a lot more than a left tackle! Last year LSU fans were saying they would not be affected by losing so many underclass men because their backups played more than the starters and their talent pool was so strong. How did that work out for them? And their recruiting is light years ahead of States. States ceiling is 7 but 5 or 6 is likely. Dak will be like Mazoli. Good player on a crap team.

DCC

If you do not like reading realistic posts about your teams future spin downward, then please by all means stay off this board. We do not want you here so PLEASE go away and stay away. Cow college will return to bringing up the rear of the SEC west so accept it. Your best year was 2014 and you still lost to THE OLE MISS REBELS. 31-17 Get used to it because it will be an annual beat down from here on out as long as Mullethead is coach.

Originally posted by TheRebels'Advocate:

Somebody at MS STake ruined Chris Jones. He looked overweight and slow in the Egg Bowl.
He was second string for a reason. Fat, slow, and lazy.

Originally posted by DCC30:
It's always the same with you idiots. Every year you say the same thing and for the past
5 years we have finished ahead of you in the SEC. We actually have scholarships to give too. What's hillarious it that ole miss can lose a QB and replace with a juco head case and just assume they will be better but we lose a LT and replace him with a stud Juco tackle and you just assume we will be worse. We have red shirted tons of kids. We got a lot of young guys reps last year and where we lose guys, we actually may end up better with better coaching on defense. You can write it in blood,
We will be fine and the egg bowl is coming back to Starkville. Just don't worry about us. Mullen has proven he can coach,
Proven he can develop.
We aren't going back to the bottom and you can just accept it.

I think you should take your own advise lil' lady. No one makes you come to the OLE MISS board. Egg stays in Oxford. Mullen is an idiot that NO ONE wants but you bunch of rednecks. No offers from other schools and even your own AD is slow playing him on a new contract.

Pull your skirt down and run along now. The adults want to talk..... And oh... Your village called and wants their idiot back...

GOREBSGO #38

I agree that every year Ole Miss fans predict a down year for State. Last year Statr had the most returning starters in the SEC. This year you are on the bottom or near the bottom in returning starters. That does mean something.

You will win some games, with Dak returning, for sure, but what's up with your easy schedule? That's gonna hurt you no matter how well you guys play.....

Originally posted by TheRebels'Advocate:
Originally posted by electricreb:
MS STake loses many O and D line starters, LB McKinney, RB Robinson, and their secondary is already terrible. 7 wins at best next season for MS STake with another Egg Bowl loss. It may be a while before Mullet sleeps again.
I agree: 7 wins--at most--and that's IF they beat the Rebels in starkville.
[/B]

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-15/sec/2015-mississippi-state-bulldogs-football-schedule.php

Yes it does mean something, I agree. You don't lose a lot of good players and expect to be better, but it's not like we are going to be terrible. What's Hippocritical from Ole miss fans is that they can lose key players and either they have someone coming in that's good to replace them(chad Kelly) or they have a red shirt or freshman that's going to step up but MSU can't do that? Look at the Jucos we have coming in, look at who we red shirted last year and look at of all the "starters" who actually played more reps. Our offensive line is going to be better in 2015. Defensive line may take a step back,LBs should be about the same and secondary should be vastly improved. We return a stable of RBs ole miss would love to have. The best QB in the SEC and a group of WRs that could be one the deepest and best in be SEC next season. We aren't the old MSU team, we just will reload and move on. Ole miss has a great team returning and has a good shot of doing well, but don't underestimate MSU. Mullen is about to possible put 2 players in the first round of the NFL. Preston smith and Mckinny are both projected 1st rounders. Both were 2 stars. Keep laughing at our recruiting and coach. Wasn't CJ Johnson a 5 star? Where is he projected to be drafted?

LOL! You don't lose your two best O-linemen and improve at that position. Both of States lines will be terrible! Dak is a good athlete and an OK passer. That is it. But he will be running for his life next season and his states will drop considerably. As for as Kelly at Ole Miss, I have not heard a single person say he would step right in a be as good or better than Bo. Most are taking a wait and see approach with him. and CJ draft question? I have no Idea. He is a bit small for the NFL but he has been pretty darn good this past season. But don't worry, Ole Miss will have quite a few first round draft picks next year.

C J will be an NFL linebacker. Ole Miss will have 4 players drafted ahead of Dak Prescott and likely at least three ahead of Chris Jones...Laremy Tunsil, Robert Nkemdiche, Laquon Treadwell, and Tony Conner...And all first round picks. Chris Jones may eat himself out of the first round if he's not careful and Dak is likely a 3rd-4th round project for an NFL team.

31-17 - The greatest MSU team in history and we beat them by 14

but next year is going to be their year - just let them tell it

Ole miss wil win a max of 7 games next year. The Oline is awful, the
QB position is the most important position on the entire team. Ole miss is a wreck there, losing some big time DBs, the heart and soul of the defense in DT. ole miss offense is awful and will struggle
To score in SEC games. Zero against arky and 3 against TCU? Seriously? Dak Prescott
Alone will guide us to
8 wins and all the defense has to go is improve a little
And we could contend. We lose some offensive lineman but replace with better talent. Martinas Rankin was the best tackle in juco last year. Ole miss is going to be lucky to not finish last in the sec next year with that horrendous offense and no QB.
See how that seriously biased opinion works?

USAToday Pre-season Poll has Ole MIss ranked #9. WHY?

9. Mississippi (9-4)

Why No. 9? Because the Rebels improve with each passing season under Hugh Freeze. The offense may be more consistent with a new starter under center, particularly with wide receiver Laquon Treadwell back from injury. The defense will retool in the secondary without two all-conference picks, but the talent along the defensive line is undeniable - and it's these contributors, led by Robert Nkemdiche, who set the tone for the entire defense. If they can stay healthy, the Rebels might sneak up and take the SEC West Division.

CBSSports ranks Ole MIss #7 in pre season poll. WHY?

Ole Miss
:The Rebels weren't a one-hit wonder. Hugh Freeze gets back receiver Laquon Treadwell and budding superstar Robert Nkemdiche in the defensive line. The Landshark defense returns with a snarl. Ole Miss might be better at quarterback with the departure of Bo Wallace.

ESPN ranks Ole Miss #11 in pre season poll. WHY?

Returning starters:
10 offense, 7 defense, 2 special teams
Why they might finish higher:
If you can somehow erase the Rebels' horrid performance in the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl from your mind, the rest of the 2014 campaign was pretty memorable. The Rebels started 7-0 and were ranked No. 3 in the country before injuries started piling up. They're bringing back 18 players who started the bowl game, and star receiver Laquon Treadwell, cornerback Tee Shepherd and linebacker Denzel Nkemdiche are coming back from injuries.

Fox Sports ranks Ole Miss #11 in preseason poll. WHY?

Rebels (9-4)

The Rebels' Peach Bowl debacle obscured a season in which they beat 12-2 Boise State, 12-2 Alabama and 10-3 Mississippi State. The Rebels will be breaking in a new quarterback but should be deep with playmakers, provided WR Laquon Treadwell returns healthy. And a defense that dominated over the first half of the season should only be more talented.

Athlon Sports ranks Ole Miss #13 in preseason poll. WHY?

The Rebels are coming off their first season of double-digit victories since 1999. And the arrow on coach Hugh Freeze's team is pointing up, as this team has the pieces in place to finish among the top 10-15 nationally in 2015. Bo Wallace must be replaced at quarterback, but the new starter will benefit from the return at Laquon Treadwell at receiver. Left tackle Laremy Tunsil is one of the best in the nation and is part of an offensive line that returns all five starters from the Peach Bowl depth chart. With the uncertainty at quarterback, the defense will have to carry Ole Miss - at least early on - in 2015. This unit allowed only 13.8 points per game in 12 regular season contests and should have one of the nation's top defensive lines.

*footnote*
When FIVE of the best sports sites pick you to be in the upper echelon of the NCAA next year on the grid iron...maybe they're trying to tell college fans something. That something: look out for the Ole Miss Rebels in 2015.

Bovado in vegas has set the odds of ole miss winning the National Championship at 33/1 and MSU at 25/1, weird huh? We will see where we are ranked when the college football playoff rankings come out.
That's the ONLY thing that matters. If your ego feels good because people think you will be good next year, that's fine. I think your team has a chance To be pretty good, but it all rests on finding a QB. It's that simple. Ole miss not finding the answer at QB is the difference in 6-6 and 10-2. That's how huge having a good QB is. When Auburn won the national Title with Cam Newton, Their defense was not very good. They had some good players here and there but they were good because of that one position. QB. The broncos aren't
Very good, But Peyton manning is good enough to erase a lot
Of their deficiencies, but when he has a bad day, they lose. You also saw how terrible all those hyped up stars looked when Wallace would have a bad day. Again, ole miss may be very good but at this point since QB is the single most important position critical of success, MSU has less questions marks going into 2015 and you are kidding yourselves if you think otherwise. Ole miss may find the answer but can MSU not find the answer to replace a
Few DL and OL?

Bovado in vegas has set the odds of ole miss winning the National Championship at 33/1 and MSU at 25/1, weird huh? We will see where we are ranked when the college football playoff rankings come out.
That's the ONLY thing that matters. If your ego feels good because people think you will be good next year,

"If your ego feels good because people think you will be good next year."

YOU still don't get it snoop dog. The 'people' you refer to are the football experts who know a hell of a lot more about the game than you. They base it on talent and Ole Miss has the level of talent to accomplish what all FIVE college football experts are saying.
Go bloviate somewhere else.
sick0027.r191677.gif

S.I. preseason poll has Ole Miss #6.

I think everyone is overlooking the QB position though.

Re: S.I. preseason poll has Ole Miss #6.

Wouldn't it be nice if we are overlooking what we have at qb????;-)

Who knows? Kelly could turn out to be a super star QB. The O line could be a lot better too. I'm curious as to which O linemen will be available for spring training though. Four are having off season surgery. The youngsters will get all the reps this spring.

Patterson and Richmond are the ol lynchpins as far as 1st year contribution possibilities. The others look to be in need of wt and or some more exp. I wish we could another significant prospect there by as you say who knows. I'm certainly looking fwd to a positive weekend coming up.

That's the ONLY thing that matters. If your ego feels good because people think you will be good next year, that's fine. I think your team has a chance To be pretty good, but it all rests on finding a QB. It's that simple. Ole miss not finding the answer at QB is the difference in 6-6 and 10-2. That's how huge having a good QB is. When Auburn won the national Title with Cam Newton, Their defense was not very good. They had some good players here and there but they were good because of that one position. QB. The broncos aren't
Very good, But Peyton manning is good enough to erase a lot
Of their deficiencies, but when he has a bad day, they lose. You also saw how terrible all those hyped up stars looked when Wallace would have a bad day. Again, ole miss may be very good but at this point since QB is the single most important position critical of success, MSU has less questions marks going into 2015 and you are kidding yourselves if you think otherwise. Ole miss may find the answer but can MSU not find the answer to replace a
Few DL and OL?
Wow Bovado! Guess that settles it. They must have talked to State fans and found out that their backups are much better than the starters. Like I said earlier, A lot of LSU fans were also dumb enough to think losing that many starters would not hurt. They are singing a new song now. And I bet next season when State loses 6 or 7 games they will blame it on losing so many starters as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT