ADVERTISEMENT

Hugh Freeze is who we thought he was ....

10 Htownrebs

Rotation Player
Nov 1, 2009
Hell yea HF lets build this thing together!!

Things are looking up in Oxford when our coach TURNS DOWN the Florida gig... Lolol

Nice pay raise too... You Earned it!!

This post was edited on 12/2 11:24 AM by 10 Htownrebs

I never thought he would leave but to pass on the FL. lends to his already great status even more. Sure, sometimes play-calling can be somewhat an issue but overall, he's making great strides. I think he has the "Bull by the Horns", just ask MS about that. Absolutely no doubt, I have the greatest respect for him now for his loyalty to our state!!

How do you guys know Florida ever spoke with Freeze or his agent regarding their open coaching position? His agent may well have played the conjecture to drive up Freeze's price. Kudos to the AD for his willingness to write a big check.

Originally posted by cwesleyf:
How do you guys know Florida ever spoke with Freeze or his agent regarding their open coaching position? His agent may well have played the conjecture to drive up Freeze's price. Kudos to the AD for his willingness to write a big check.
I speculate that Florida utilized backchannels to Freeze's agent to probe for interest. I doubt Freeze ever spoke to anyone except his agent. Just my opinion.

I expect there was some contact in that Foley compiled a list of coaches that might enter into preliminary discussions. Did Sexton skillfully represent his client? Of course.

I think at the end of the month Chip Kelly becomes the next head gator.

Originally posted by oxreb55:

I expect there was some contact in that Foley compiled a list of coaches that might enter into preliminary discussions. Did Sexton skillfully represent his client? Of course.

Why would chip kelly leave the team he has in first place and a shot at a superbowl to go to a dumpster fire?

Originally posted by oxreb55:

Meanwhile, what Foley calls "the silly season" was in full force. Names were flying all over the place and there were reports that an offer had been made to Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze. Foley said he never talked to Hugh Freeze. He did talk to Ole Miss athletic director Ross Bjork, but only because Bjork called him.
"I talked to Ross because he called me," Foley said. "I told him, 'Ross, if I want to talk to your coach, the first person I'll talk to is you.' But I never did. Hugh is a great coach, but I never talked to him.
"I've been through it before. I said at the first press conference that half of the information out there was going to be false and that was the truth. We don't pay attention to that because it will distract you."

Well there you go, your saint never talked to Florida and when asked about it, he said "no comment". Why not just say I am not going anywhere, I haven't talked to anyone but Ross and we are happy in Oxford? He wanted to drive up his salary. He is not the walk on water man you all think he is. Good coach, good recruiter but definitely not who he portrays himself to be. Mullen was rumored to be headed to penn state, quickly he refuted it and said he wasn't going anywhere, michigan rumors this year, quickly Mullen refutes it and says he is staying and hasn't talked to anyone at Michigan. Freeze gets asked if he is taking the Florida gig, one which he was never even a candidate for and was never offered, and he says. We don't comment on that kind of stuff. Sounds like the ordained minister may be a snake oil salesman to me.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Freeze seems to be bright enough to increase his value. Cousin Eddie understands he is limited, and will never be pursued by a top tier team. Everything seeks its level, and Mullet understands that Stinkville is the best he will ever do.

By the way, did he ever get some sleep?

This post was edited on 12/18 1:39 PM by em6126

Here comes the Bulldogs "Freeze and religion" conspiracy shit again. DC, were you one of the State fans that left the Vaught doing the gator chomp?

Originally posted by DCC30:
Well there you go, your saint never talked to Florida and when asked about it, he said "no comment". Why not just say I am not going anywhere, I haven't talked to anyone but Ross and we are happy in Oxford? He wanted to drive up his salary. He is not the walk on water man you all think he is. Good coach, good recruiter but definitely not who he portrays himself to be. Mullen was rumored to be headed to penn state, quickly he refuted it and said he wasn't going anywhere, michigan rumors this year, quickly Mullen refutes it and says he is staying and hasn't talked to anyone at Michigan. Freeze gets asked if he is taking the Florida gig, one which he was never even a candidate for and was never offered, and he says. We don't comment on that kind of stuff. Sounds like the ordained minister may be a snake oil salesman to me.

Posted from Rivals Mobile
You're naïve to believe that backchannels to Freeze's agent weren't utilized to test for interest.

Foley would look past a young coach who has turned a dormant SEC West program around in three years? Yeah, right.

10849837_10154953093420300_5292348144322752126_n.jpg

Just gonna leave this here, DCC you don't even have to turn off the lights in your trailer to go to this. You just gotta skip one meal at McDonalds with your wifesister.

$5.25! Wow, that is painful! You can't even buy a decent lunch for that. Like I posted here or on the Scout board - there is one sure plus being a M$U fan - if you make a bowl you can go for cheap.

Originally posted by TheRebels'Advocate:
You're naïve to believe that backchannels to Freeze's agent weren't utilized to test for interest.

Foley would look past a young coach who has turned a dormant SEC West program around in three years? Yeah, right.
You are naive not to believe Foley. He has nothing to lose or gain by being honest regarding Mr. Freeze. It seems like Florida honed in on McElwain almost from the start. Freeze and his agent bluffed Old Miss into raising the pot. Your AD isn't much of a poker player. Give credit to Freeze's agent for bidding up his clients value when he already knew his other client, McElwain, was the true object of Foley's ardor. Proof you can sometimes get something for nothing.

You are naive not to believe Foley. He has nothing to lose or gain by being honest regarding Mr. Freeze. It seems like Florida honed in on McElwain almost from the start. Freeze and his agent bluffed Old Miss into raising the pot. Your AD isn't much of a poker player. Give credit to Freeze's agent for bidding up his clients value when he already knew his other client, McElwain, was the true object of Foley's ardor. Proof you can sometimes get something for nothing.
What else is Foley going to say to the Florida fans and alumni? That he was interested in Freeze and that interest was not reciprocal? That wouldn't be very flattering for Florida, so yeah, it's in Foley's best interest to deny any interest in Freeze.

What else is Foley going to say to the Florida fans and alumni? That he was interested in Freeze and that interest was not reciprocal? That wouldn't be very flattering for Florida, so yeah, it's in Foley's best interest to deny any interest in Freeze.
First Foley had no reason to comment. Second he referenced your AD by name and was specific about their conversation. Third Freeze and McElwain share the same agent. Lastly Jeremy Foley has always acted very aggressively to go get his man once that person is identified

None of this detracts from my respect for coach Freeze. It does speak to the nervousness that can surround a coaching search when there is fear of a predatory pursuit. McElwain filled the requirements that Jeremy established from day one. In addition this hire avoided any potential conflict within the SEC family. Jimmy Sexton was busy buttering both sides of his bread. Providing Florida with the info that McElwain's buyout was negotiable and trying to arrange a meeting between the two parties, while on the other hand using the Florida opening as an opportunity to make sure his other client received another fat pay increase. A perfect win win situation for the agent and both of his clients. Ethical? No. But very shrewd.

I think that Ross or CHF's agent never talking to Foley is total B.S. If true why was OM so quick to up CHF's salary?
confused0006.r191677.gif
Of course we all know that Foley has no reason to not tell the truth.

Originally posted by HightowerReb:

I think that Ross or CHF's agent never talking to Foley is total B.S. If true why was OM so quick to up CHF's salary?
confused0024.r191677.gif

Creepy Pigman,
We got our man. UF got its man. Move along now. There's nothing else to see here.

"I provided facts directly from Jeremy's mouth you provide unsupported conjecture."

If you think it was a fact that it came from Foley's mouth I can accept that. If you think that simply because it came from Foley's mouth it is a fact you are an idiot. You have your coach. As someone else has stated you have no reason to be here. As far as not getting a coach from within the SEC to prevent hard feelings I don't think anyone on this or any other board is buying that.

"I provided facts directly from Jeremy's mouth you provide unsupported conjecture."

If you think it was a fact that it came from Foley's mouth I can accept that. If you think that simply because it came from Foley's mouth it is a fact you are an idiot. You have your coach. As someone else has stated you have no reason to be here. As far as not getting a coach from within the SEC to prevent hard feelings I don't think anyone on this or any other board is buying that.
I guess if you don't believe me then you must assume Ole Miss managed to outbid Florida to keep Freeze. I've always assumed Florida's athletic department had deeper pockets. Some even thought McElwain had a buyout that would keep him at Colorado State. If common sense fails to persuade I doubt dollars and sense will either.

Florida: Net Athletic Dept. Profit 18,593,745
Old Miss: - 1,757,355

I guess if you don't believe me then you must assume Ole Miss managed to outbid Florida to keep Freeze. I've always assumed Florida's athletic department had deeper pockets. Some even thought McElwain had a buyout that would keep him at Colorado State. If common sense fails to persuade I doubt dollars and sense will either.

Can you provide a link to the financials of each athletic department, Ole Miss and Florida? Would like to see them.

Can you provide a link to the financials of each athletic department, Ole Miss and Florida? Would like to see them.

sbnation link

the whole point of this is Ole Miss (not Old Miss) did not need to out bid, just be competitive. CHF has more about him than just $$$. Sorry to disappoint you. At least Foley had the sense not to go after Jimbo Fisher or the Mullet.

the whole point of this is Ole Miss (not Old Miss) did not need to out bid, just be competitive. CHF has more about him than just $$$. Sorry to disappoint you. At least Foley had the sense not to go after Jimbo Fisher or the Mullet.
Since you have the inside info nobody else has please let me know how much Foley offered that Freeze turned down? Did they meet to discuss matters in Mississippi or in Florida? Did Jeremy also contact Dan Mullin? After all Foley knows Mullin from his days as Florida's offensive coordinator?

Freeze is a gentleman and I am sure money is not his sole driver in life. I have no doubt IF Jeremy wanted to speak with coach Freeze he would have contacted your AD first and then flown to Mississippi to evaluate Hugh's interest in the opening. Jeremy is one of the most respected and successful ADs in the country. Those who know him indicate he is very meticulous in how he proceeds.

Just a few things to consider about Freeze - we REALLY sucked the year before he got here - and according to all leghumper fans their coach had their program clicking along at a very high level. Despite that, Freeze has whipped the leghumpers 2 out of 3 years - and just a few weeks ago he beat the greatest team in leghumper history by two touchdowns despite having some of his best players out injured. Not sure what that says about the leghumper coach but the leghumper fans might want to ponder it. I mean the leghumper coach has a countdown clock posted in the team locker room indicating that the Egg Bowl is the ONE must-win game on their schedule - whereas Freeze treats it like just another game - and yet Freeze has won 2 out of 3 despite taking over a program that was in total disarray when he got here. Wow. He is either a whole lot better than the leghumper fans give him credit for or the leghumper coach is a whole lot worse - or both. It sucks when reality doesn't tell the story that you want it to, huh?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT