ADVERTISEMENT

Hugh Freeze PC quick hits

Chase Parham

RebelGrove.com Editor
Staff
May 11, 2009
Saw positives from all three quarterbacks.

Good physical runs by Akeem and Jordan.

Solid play at certain spots on defensive side. Tee was very solid. Bridges was a little too aggressive. We have to slow him down a little bit.

We have a chance to be a good football team. We have to make the most of our time between now and then -- weights, conditioning, social decisions, academics. We have the opportunity to control all that. We have to depend on 120 guys to make a lot of right decisions.

We've moved the ball well the last few scrimmages. We went tempo early and then held off. We probably would have had more offense if I let them go tempo the whole time.

Very optimistic one of the QBs can be the guy in the fall. We go back and forth. Ryan had a lead in my mind going into today, but that doesn't mean he's going to be the starter. Even if he has a lead it's so minute and small and so far from being over. I don't know what it means.

Receivers will shake out of the drops and be fine. With exception of 2 guys, there has been little continuity due to injuries. WRs will be a strength to our team. Derrick Jones dropped 2 balls today, and he hasn't done that all spring.

If QBs are close in the fall I could see us go a couple games and do our due diligence but I don't want to go more than that. We could get more than one reps in the first game, but we won't go too long. You have to have a guy when the time comes.

Still a ways to go at MLB. CJ can do a lot of things for us. We'll get to fall camp and see exactly what we're going to do with him. It'll be a rotation there.

Kelly made a mental error on the interception on the last play. Route was to wrong side. But it's getting better everyday.

Blue team caused havoc in the background all day -- led by Gross.

Red created two turnovers at the end but up until that point they started slow.

We've definitely put an emphasis on getting our tempo back. You can go fast to slow. You can't go slow to fast.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News