ADVERTISEMENT

I Know We Want To Be Good At All Sports, But.....

Mississippi Boy in DC

Five-Star Prospect
Nov 21, 2014
DC Metro Area
Is this the best our basketball program is ever going to be? MSU went to the final four because they understood that it is easier for them to excel somewhere else other than football. That is not our case. In a day in age where kids who are elite, no matter the sport, want to go to a place where they will get exposure and leave as soon as they could, basketball may never be it for us.

I mean, has that ship really sailed? I always tell myself it hasn't but then nights like last night bring me back down to earth. Look at Alabama and Oregon for example. They are all in on football and they don't give a damn about much else! It has done wonders for those schools. I love all of our teams. Baseball has a chance and basketball has a better chance thanks to the new arena and the "POSSIBILITY" of getting Malik Newman.

As far as I am concerned, I am comfortable with saying that Ole Miss is a football school that does really good in baseball and is "whatever" when it comes to basketball. Not because of our coach or the program, simply because we are Ole Miss. We are another football first school in which the ship has likely sailed with us being a year in and year out basketball contender.

Kids don't really give a damn about turning a basketball program around like they do in football. And why should they, they only have to play for a year (actually 9 months) and not get hurt and they are outta there.

This post was edited on 3/13 5:44 AM by Mississippi Boy in DC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.