ADVERTISEMENT

If Orgeron will just

zreb

All-Pro NFL
Feb 27, 2002
recruit and coordinate lsu could be formidable because he CAN recruit. Play calling not so much however he had to deal with the Jackass Cuttvliffs leftovers. He had some talent lined up for Nutt for 2 years. It will be interesting.

recruit and coordinate lsu could be formidable because he CAN recruit. Play calling not so much however he had to deal with the Jackass Cuttvliffs leftovers. He had some talent lined up for Nutt for 2 years. It will be interesting.

LSU hasn't had any problems recruiting anything but good QB's. Even the ones they have were highly ranked but highly overrated. Cameron had many faults as an OC and Miles lost his job because he stuck with him. Orgeron brought Jevan Snead to Ole Miss but it was Dan Werner's prior relationship with Snead when Dan was the QB coach at Miami that got the deal done. Funny thing is Dan had his choice between Snead and Mitch Mustain who would have transferred to Ole Miss had Snead not.

LSU hasn't had any problems recruiting anything but good QB's. Even the ones they have were highly ranked but highly overrated. Cameron had many faults as an OC and Miles lost his job because he stuck with him. Orgeron brought Jevan Snead to Ole Miss but it was Dan Werner's prior relationship with Snead when Dan was the QB coach at Miami that got the deal done. Funny thing is Dan had his choice between Snead and Mitch Mustain who would have transferred to Ole Miss had Snead not.
Mustain was a head case. Snead probably was the better choice in light of this.

I read where Orgeron said Harris was a great high school QB but wasn't developed at LSU. That could very well be true. Cameron was fired at his previous job in the NFL and hired by LSU. I remember Friendly Foe was all excited about the hire. I always wondered about hiring someone just fired. Nutt hired an OC who was a great NFL QB coach but bad OC. Lee? Dan Werner is our most underrated assistant. He is an excellent QB developer. He developed some good ones at Miami.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT