ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana Podcast discussion

PastorV

NFL's No. 1 Draft Choice
Dec 11, 2012
North Mississippi
I listened to the podcast and heard the discussion about IU. I Went to IU and grew up an IU fan. I still root for the basketball team. I hate every other Big 10 team. That being said here's my take on IU hoops and Crean to Alabama. I also realize that I'm probably the only one that cares.

First off - The chant at Coach Crean's kids bball game. I have friends who were at that game. It was a handful of high school kids and they were told to stop very quickly. My problem is with the adult IU fans on the IU Rivals site that excused their behavior "because they are kids." I understand the reasoning but I hate giving bad behavior a pass like that. However to characterize the Indiana fan base because of that small group is not a truly accurate profile.

Secondly, Crean is done at Indiana. He may yet survive a year or two but he isn't there long term. The fan base is tired of him. He is a good coach but it's not good enough for Indiana. They pay him $3.7 million dollars and they out spend Purdue 3-1 in basketball recruiting budget.

Indiana is relevant because they have produced 5 lottery picks in the last two drafts. Crean is a very good individual talent developer but a horrible in game coach. He continues to sign McDonalds All Americans and runs middle of the pack in an overrated conference.

A friend of mine who is an assistant coach at a "blue blood" program and was an assistant at IU let me know almost a year ago that it was a matter of time.

Anyway I have a lot more to say on the subject but I'm probably the only one who cares.

See you at Swayze. Go Rebs

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News