ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting new aspect of the 24 season as an ole miss fan

KentuckyReb

All-Pro NFL
Gold Member
Oct 27, 2005
So many other games, both in and outside of the league will be of major interest to me. As we all know, about half of the SEC believes it can compete for a playoff spot. There are only so many spots that SEC teams are realistically going to get. IMO, that could be as few as 3 or as many as 5 depending on how the rest of the season plays out.
As an OM fan there are several things that you need to keep an eye on. First off, you need Notre Dame to lose games. They aren’t in a league so they can’t be an automatic qualifier. This means that if they make the playoff they’re going to take up one of the valuable at large bids. These spots are precious, especially to a team like Ole Miss. Their opener in College Station will be HUGE.
You need for the winners of leagues like the ACC and Big 12 to be dominant. It’s not good for Ole Miss if those leagues get multiple bids. For example, let’s say a 12-0 or 11-1 FSU squad plays a 9-3 Clemson team in the ACC championship game. You can’t have Clemson winning that league and leaving the possibility of a 2 bid ACC in the playoff. It’s just one more school for Ole Miss to compete with for a limited number of spots.
This is going to make this season so much more fun for the average fan because they’re going to be interested in so many more games that in previous years wouldn’t have gotten so much attention. Personally, I consume an unhealthy amount of college football, but I’m looking forward to nights where half of RG is watching Utah vs Kansas State because there’s a potential playoff spot on the line. It’s going to be a crazy season. By far the most anticipation I’ve had for football in my entire life.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.