ADVERTISEMENT

Intimidation factor

Beatlesreb

Three-Star Prospect
Gold Member
Aug 16, 2015
Panama City, FL
Still worries me about the TCU and Arkansas games from last year. Frankly, we got our butts whipped and intimidated. Yes, injuries are a factor, but we have backups who could have made these games close. You can't run out fuel in games like these. What's going to keep this from happening again? Elite teams DO have an answer-depth. With our great recruiting classes the past 2 years, this shouldn't happen! We have depth, and did last season. Teams like FSU, Alabama, Auburn and others are of the elite status. We can be that good too! I think we'll be better this year. 9-3.

Totally agree. I know our offense lacked key players but the D was in good health for the most part. We no showed twice when we supposedly had a superior team. It was just plain disgusting. Coaches and players alike to blame I imagine. I was rooting hard and for what ;-)?

Totally agree. I know our offense lacked key players but the D was in good health for the most part. We no showed twice when we supposedly had a superior team. It was just plain disgusting. Coaches and players alike to blame I imagine. I was rooting hard and for what ;-)?

Arkansas and TCU were teams on a mission! Motivation is a critical element, all things considered, and we had none in either game! Hate to use excuses, but IMHO we were physically whipped by LSU and recovered just enough to beat MSU (rivalry adrenal). Still have not recruited enough depth (quantity and quality) in OL and LB. Takes time and Freeze will eventually get us there.

Arkansas and TCU were teams on a mission! Motivation is a critical element, all things considered, and we had none in either game! Hate to use excuses, but IMHO we were physically whipped by LSU and recovered just enough to beat MSU (rivalry adrenal). Still have not recruited enough depth (quantity and quality) in OL and LB. Takes time and Freeze will eventually get us there.
I realize we are not where we want to be, but we will have more depth this year than in any year since the Vaught era. The OL's that were either out to injury, redshirt, etc... will be available and the ones returning will have more experience. As I already said, we are not where we want to be, but don't be surprised if we find ourselves in the title hunt at the season comes to a close.

Will be delighted ! But coaches need to step it up at the right time and not get all droopified

I realize we are not where we want to be, but we will have more depth this year than in any year since the Vaught era. The OL's that were either out to injury, redshirt, etc... will be available and the ones returning will have more experience. As I already said, we are not where we want to be, but don't be surprised if we find ourselves in the title hunt at the season comes to a close.
I love surprises! Hope you're right. We have the ingredients.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT