ADVERTISEMENT

It just got real...

I know a pissing contest when I get into one. It's time to come up with proposals or ideas as to what we can do to ameliorate the NCAA situation and quit wasting time with Alabama posters. This is our fight, not Alabama's against the allegations. By the way, it's "you're not that dense" not your. Your is a possessive pronoun as in your car, or your pissing contest. And you're (not your) an Ole Miss grad? And, no, I'm not dense. I'm a pilot, speak French, former teacher, and have 3 degrees-two from Ole Miss.

Good for you, that makes up for CED and Addovocate as they have zero degrees from Ole Miss.

Reactions: billywaynebammer
Beatlesreb read the post it wasn't directed to yo......err, uh you.
Ok, that's fine. But my point still stands. No, Cedreb, you're NOT dumb! What I've pointed out applies to other Ole Miss posters, not just you. We as Ole Miss fans need to look at our own problems, not Alabama's, come up with solutions, place blame where it needs to be placed, and admit our program is in deep jeopardy. I fear we will end up like the SMU program years ago. I'd say it starts with recruiting. No more thugs! Character is so important and often overlooked. If a player cannot behave himself, void his scholarship, in spite of their athletic ability. I'm talking DUI, assault, accepting funds and gifts from anyone except family members, breaking/entering, and higher crimes (rape like at Baylor). Cooperating with the NCAA will help us.

Reactions: LSUwiggz
Ok, that's fine. But my point still stands. No, Cedreb, you're NOT dumb! What I've pointed out applies to other Ole Miss posters, not just you. We as Ole Miss fans need to look at our own problems, not Alabama's, come up with solutions, place blame where it needs to be placed, and admit our program is in deep jeopardy. I fear we will end up like the SMU program years ago. I'd say it starts with recruiting. No more thugs! Character is so important and often overlooked. If a player cannot behave himself, void his scholarship, in spite of their athletic ability. I'm talking DUI, assault, accepting funds and gifts from anyone except family members, breaking/entering, and higher crimes (rape like at Baylor). Cooperating with the NCAA will help us.

You are under the impression that anything we come up with or do will have any bearing on any of the things you mentioned. We are fans, what we think or want to happen makes no difference. I could sit here and say i hope freeze is fired (which i don't) and it won't make a bit of difference. Have faith in the people who run the program and let them handle it. The less we worry about these things the better your life will be. If Ole Miss got hit with a 5 year sanction/bowl ban and lost half their scholarships it would have absolutely no effect on my day to day life. The best thing everyone can do is stop feeding the trolls lol. Make a comment telling them how fuxing stupid they are then move on. They are going to reply just like they always do. You don't have to respond lol. They just go back to their home board which i think they stole for some other school and talk trash about all you delumptards that respond to them over and over giving them a reason to come back

They are mental midgets that sit around getting off on thinking they get a rise out of people on a message board. They are about as cool as the kids who play call of duty to feel better about themselves. In other words tell them to go eat a giant bag of cox and never respond to them again.

You are under the impression that anything we come up with or do will have any bearing on any of the things you mentioned. We are fans, what we think or want to happen makes no difference. I could sit here and say i hope freeze is fired (which i don't) and it won't make a bit of difference. Have faith in the people who run the program and let them handle it. The less we worry about these things the better your life will be. If Ole Miss got hit with a 5 year sanction/bowl ban and lost half their scholarships it would have absolutely no effect on my day to day life. The best thing everyone can do is stop feeding the trolls lol. Make a comment telling them how fuxing stupid they are then move on. They are going to reply just like they always do. You don't have to respond lol. They just go back to their home board which i think they stole for some other school and talk trash about all you delumptards that respond to them over and over giving them a reason to come back

They are mental midgets that sit around getting off on thinking they get a rise out of people on a message board. They are about as cool as the kids who play call of duty to feel better about themselves. In other words tell them to go eat a giant bag of cox and never respond to them again.
You definitely need to calm down.

You are under the impression that anything we come up with or do will have any bearing on any of the things you mentioned. We are fans, what we think or want to happen makes no difference. I could sit here and say i hope freeze is fired (which i don't) and it won't make a bit of difference. Have faith in the people who run the program and let them handle it. The less we worry about these things the better your life will beou al. If Ole Miss got hit with a 5 year sanction/bowl ban and lost half their scholarships it would have absolutely no effect on my day to day life. The best thing everyone can do is stop feeding the trolls lol. Make a comment telling them how fuxing stupid they are then move on. They are going to reply just like they always do. You don't have to respond lol. They just go back to their home board which i think they stole for some other school and talk trash about all you delumptards that respond to them over and over giving them a reason to come back

You're right. Pratt, you always make great posts that make one think. That is so appreciated! Even if you disagree with me or others. Too many superficial BS posts. I'm not so sure I can have faith in the people who run the show when one of them started it-giving Tunsil money. If we get banned, and because I love Ole Miss, it would be a void in my life. This one might really hurt.

Last edited:

IOW keep your mouth shut and trust blindly in Rev Freeze.

The Homer's Creed. How has that worked out for you so far?

You really don't have a life do you?
Glass houses? Cast stones!

1 bama scandal- This is a top tier school!
The short version of this scandal, according to Sports Illustrated, is that Coach Price went to Pensacola for a golf outing, got rowdy in a bar/strip club and allowed a woman (not his wife) to run a room service bill of close to $1,000. Lap dances?

2 bama dirty? No sir!
What many in recent decades have forgotten is that, in some quarters, during his early years in Tuscaloosa, Coach Bryant had a reputation for teaching his players to play "dirty" in an effort to win at all costs. This charge was loudest after one of Georgia Tech head coach Bobby Dodd's players was severely injured in a game against 'Bama, setting off the Atlanta press.

3 coaches leaving the tide? Never!
That's why the departures of Wallace Wade for Duke (Duke!), Bill Curry for Kentucky and Dennis Franchione for...for wherever hell is came as such a surprise and, yes, scandal.

See, Bill Curry, coaches leave Kentucky for Alabama, not the other way around (even with a detour in College Station). See, Franchione, you don't leave for College Station; you leave from College Station.

4 bama players and agent troubles?
Langham, a defensive back, signed early with a pro agent in anticipation of the NFL draft in 1993. Two years later, the NCAA imposed sanctions resulting from this action, according to Sports Illustrated. The sanctions included probation, scholarship limitations, a postseason ban (1995), forfeit of wins in 1993 and, most harmful, scholarship reductions.

5.ACT cheating, bama no way!
Albert Means was a prep superstar in his hometown of Memphis. Most colleges wanted him to come to them and play defensive tackle. Named Mr. Football in Tennessee in 1999 as well as a high school All-American, Means could go anywhere he wanted.

One problem with that concept, according to USA Today, was that Means didn't test well and probably wouldn't qualify to play college ball because of low ACT or SAT scores. So, an enterprising Alabama booster named Logan Young came up with a solution.

Have someone else take the tests for Albert.

Oh, and arrange to pay one of his high school coaches $150,000 to insure that Albert would go to Alabama.

Those acts and others caused Alabama to receive a two-year bowl ban and five years of probation from the NCAA. In addition, Alabama lost 21 scholarships and almost received the "death penalty"—having the program disbanded for a proscribed period.

Means played only a handful of games at Tuscaloosa under Coach Mike DuBose. After the scandal broke, he transferred to Memphis, where he was moderately successful on the field.
$180,000.

That happens everyday at the University of Alabama. You guys are artists when it comes to cheating, altering grades, outfoxing the NCAA, etc. You have a proud tradition of it. Your national titles dating back to 1992 are full of players who have been helped, boosted, etc. along the way. Maybe the NCAA should be true to its word and vacate your national titles. If the NCAA wanted to they could relocate its national headquarters to Birmingham and never run out of business or cases to investigate.
You may very well be correct. But that in no way has any bearing on happened at OM. Just because you THINK, (hell even if you could prove its going on there, it means nothing in relation to the severe violations committed by OM, and HF).

Y'alls shock and amazement is quite funny. There is now way you guys didn't know that HF was a rougue coach run amok (or if you didn't shame on you) it's been the worst kept secret in CF since he got there. You and the OM AD sold your souls to the devil for the chance to play with big boys, I hope you got all you wanted, because now it's time to give the devil his due.

Last edited:
Reactions: RainMakerReb
You really don't have a life do you?
Glass houses? Cast stones!

1 bama scandal- This is a top tier school!
The short version of this scandal, according to Sports Illustrated, is that Coach Price went to Pensacola for a golf outing, got rowdy in a bar/strip club and allowed a woman (not his wife) to run a room service bill of close to $1,000. Lap dances?

2 bama dirty? No sir!
What many in recent decades have forgotten is that, in some quarters, during his early years in Tuscaloosa, Coach Bryant had a reputation for teaching his players to play "dirty" in an effort to win at all costs. This charge was loudest after one of Georgia Tech head coach Bobby Dodd's players was severely injured in a game against 'Bama, setting off the Atlanta press.

3 coaches leaving the tide? Never!
That's why the departures of Wallace Wade for Duke (Duke!), Bill Curry for Kentucky and Dennis Franchione for...for wherever hell is came as such a surprise and, yes, scandal.

See, Bill Curry, coaches leave Kentucky for Alabama, not the other way around (even with a detour in College Station). See, Franchione, you don't leave for College Station; you leave from College Station.

4 bama players and agent troubles?
Langham, a defensive back, signed early with a pro agent in anticipation of the NFL draft in 1993. Two years later, the NCAA imposed sanctions resulting from this action, according to Sports Illustrated. The sanctions included probation, scholarship limitations, a postseason ban (1995), forfeit of wins in 1993 and, most harmful, scholarship reductions.

5.ACT cheating, bama no way!
Albert Means was a prep superstar in his hometown of Memphis. Most colleges wanted him to come to them and play defensive tackle. Named Mr. Football in Tennessee in 1999 as well as a high school All-American, Means could go anywhere he wanted.

One problem with that concept, according to USA Today, was that Means didn't test well and probably wouldn't qualify to play college ball because of low ACT or SAT scores. So, an enterprising Alabama booster named Logan Young came up with a solution.

Have someone else take the tests for Albert.

Oh, and arrange to pay one of his high school coaches $150,000 to insure that Albert would go to Alabama.

Those acts and others caused Alabama to receive a two-year bowl ban and five years of probation from the NCAA. In addition, Alabama lost 21 scholarships and almost received the "death penalty"—having the program disbanded for a proscribed period.

Means played only a handful of games at Tuscaloosa under Coach Mike DuBose. After the scandal broke, he transferred to Memphis, where he was moderately successful on the field.
And all this means what in relation to what OM has done...nothing. Trust me the self-imposed punishment is a Hail Mary in hopes that it will back down the NCAA and make them go away.

But I think it is really just a sign that there is a lot the NCAA doesn't know about and OM is trying everything possible to get them to quit sniffing around.

Good luck with that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT