ADVERTISEMENT

Les Miles

RebReb

Two-Star Prospect
Apr 19, 2002
Just my opinion but I think LSU would be beyond stupid to fire Miles. Not many coaches in history have had the success that he has and every coach goes through down periods at points in their careers. It's just a product of our "now" society that any loss means the coach should immediately be fired. Miles has had a lot of success and represents the program well. LSU should take a look at Tennessee since they fired Fulmer.

Reactions: 02rebels
To some extent Miles is a victim of recruiting so well that players leave early for the NFL. The other problem is the lack of a decent QB for a couple of years. Recruiting high school players is a crap shoot. Ole Miss has done great with JC transfers who looked risky.

I agree. Firing Miles would, in my opinion, be a mistake. He is one of the most respected coaches in NCAA Division l. He has kept LSU near the top of the SEC west for many years which is not an easy task. Firing a high profile coach like that will likely hurt recruiting and winning for three or four years. Ole Miss, Tenn., Alabama and others are good examples of what can happen when there is instability in a coaching staff. Four and five star players want to play in an established winning program with secure coaches they will play for four or five years. As long as the continue to lose to Ole Miss I with them well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT