ADVERTISEMENT

Listened to yesterdays Mc & Sisk

KentuckyReb

All-Pro NFL
Gold Member
Oct 27, 2005
Let me start by saying that I’m a couple years younger than @tsiskey, for reference. And I am surrounded by college students for 10 hours a day, so I have a good idea of how they operate.

I realize that kids today are different than the generation before, and vastly different from generations before them. It’s natural when you live in a country like ours. A country that hasn’t suffered war on its soil and no draft of any sort in my lifetime. We don’t have to deal with famine or really anything that is going to naturally harden a human being. For that I am supremely grateful.

I get that it’s fashionable to clown and look down on generations that are younger than you and it’s fun to make jokes, but I’m calling complete bullshit on the survey that you guys read on the show. Life isn’t what you read on Twitter or what you hear on the news. For example, my kitchen has a staff of around 25 people. I’m one of two white people on this staff. According to social media and the news, we’re at each other’s throats daily. Hell, we’re on the verge of a race war. No sir. Not even a little bit. I’m surrounded by groups of mixed race sports programs at Ole Miss. They sit together. They go out together. They go to class together. They socialize together. They perform together. Nothing could be further from the truth.

@Neal, you have college aged children. You should know this better than anyone. They come home. They bring their friends around. You often talk about how much you enjoy them. Do you really think for one second that these kids are doing this bullshit in job interviews?!? These are the most important moments of their young lives. You think they’re cussing and showing up in T-shirts and pj bottoms or bringing their mommy and daddy? Use your head. You know better. (That was out of line).

Folks need to hop off the socials, turn off the news and open up your eyes and ears to the real world around you. This nonsense that the media is putting out is exactly that, nonsense. It’s meant to warp your view of the world and deceive you into hating your neighbor. Real life just isn’t this way. We don’t have a trans rights problem. Hell, I’m in my fifth decade of life and I’ve met three trans people since I’ve existed. I’ve traveled the world and lived in every corner of this country, so it’s not like I’ve been stuck in Bum****ed Mississippi since birth. We aren’t on the verge of a race war. I’m outnumbered by black folks 14-1 daily and we all get along great. Some of them are my best friends. I’m sorry for going on and on, this just really rubbed me the wrong way.

Neal and Tyler, this isn’t really directed at the two of you. I enjoy what y’all do. It’s more directed to your listeners and readers. I see the threads on this place daily and a large number of them are just silly. Open your eyes and enjoy the world around you. It really is a good place. People are inherently good and love each other. All you have to do is realize who benefits from all of us fighting amongst ourselves. That’s the real enemy.

Ok… I have a feeling I’m going to really regret writing this. Flame away. I can take it.

Edited to add: I’m sorry for ranting. I’m just over all the negativity that the world is feeding me these days.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News