ranchreb

All-Pro NFL
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2004
Oxford
SEC East

1. Georgia (10-2)(6-2) losses to Bama and Auburn
2. Missouri (10-2)(6-2) losses to Georgia and Arkansas
3. Tennessee(7-5)(4-4) losses to OK, Ark, GA, Bama, MO.
4. South Carolina(6-6)(3-5) losses to GA, MO, LSU, A&M, TENN, Clem
5. Florida(5-7)(2-6) losses to Tenn, OM, MO, LSU, GA, USC, FSU
6. Kentucky(4-8)(1-7) losses to USC, FLA, MO, AUB, MSU, Tenn, GA, Louis.
7. Vanderbilt(3-9)(0-8) losses to GA, OM, USC, MO, Houston, FLA, KTY, A&M, Tenn

SEC West

1. Auburn(11-1)(7-1) loss to LSU
2. Alabama(10-2)(6-2) losses to A&M and Auburn
3. LSU(10-2)(6-2)losses to Bama and Ole Miss
4. Ole Miss(9-3)(5-3)losses to Bama, AUB, MSU
5. Arkansas(8-4)(4-4)losses to Bama, AUB, OM, LSU
6. Texas A&M(8-4)(4-4)losses to ARK, AUB, OM, LSU
7. Miss State (6-6)(2-6)losses to LSU, AUB, A&M, MO, Bama, ARK.

Lose Alabama, Auburn, and one of either L.S.U or Arkansas. 9-3.
We lose to Alabama,Texas AM or upset by the Gators------We beat state----Prescott got to carry his team along----He will be very banged up at Egg bowl time.

SEC East

1. Georgia (10-2)(6-2) losses to Bama and Auburn
2. Missouri (10-2)(6-2) losses to Georgia and Arkansas
3. Tennessee(7-5)(4-4) losses to OK, Ark, GA, Bama, MO.
4. South Carolina(6-6)(3-5) losses to GA, MO, LSU, A&M, TENN, Clem
5. Florida(5-7)(2-6) losses to Tenn, OM, MO, LSU, GA, USC, FSU
6. Kentucky(4-8)(1-7) losses to USC, FLA, MO, AUB, MSU, Tenn, GA, Louis.
7. Vanderbilt(3-9)(0-8) losses to GA, OM, USC, MO, Houston, FLA, KTY, A&M, Tenn

SEC West

1. Auburn(11-1)(7-1) loss to LSU
2. Alabama(10-2)(6-2) losses to A&M and Auburn
3. LSU(10-2)(6-2)losses to Bama and Ole Miss
4. Ole Miss(9-3)(5-3)losses to Bama, AUB, MSU
5. Arkansas(8-4)(4-4)losses to Bama, AUB, OM, LSU
6. Texas A&M(8-4)(4-4)losses to ARK, AUB, OM, LSU
7. Miss State (6-6)(2-6)losses to LSU, AUB, A&M, MO, Bama, ARK.

Reb,

IMO Ole Miss and LSU are the dark horse contenders in the SECW this year. Both teams will have championship type defenses. I do think LSU is a ahead of Ole Miss on the offense despite Ole miss having 2 of the top receivers in the country in Treadwell and Engram(sp?).

The common theory that LSU does not have a QB is inaccurate. Brandon Harris is the front runner over Jennings and the job is now his to lose. Harris has always been considered to have great physical skills and but needed to develop the mental skills for the position. Seems like the coaches think he has. Jennings has also improved a lot which means that a one year starter who has improved a lot could not hold his job. Factor in that one QB and all the WR except for 1were all freshman without much at all experience. One WR and one of the QB were soph. The general improvement that you get in year two is always significant and the offense for that reason alone will definitely be better. One of the freshman WR last year, Malachi Dupree, was considered the #1 WR in the country like Treadwell was a few years ago. All in all, expect a big improvement in the LSU offense.

The OL, TE, and RB are big, fast, physical and talented. Probably the biggest offensive question is not QB but OL chemistry. Though there are 3 returning starters no OL is playing the same position he did previously. Miles, uncharacteristically, recently said that the OL is way better at pass protection in this stage of fall practice than at any time before, so chemistry maybe coming. I would credit it to the work of coach Grimes who is in his second year and is considered really good at technique and training.

I am not predicting LSU to win the west as they start off with MSU and AU in the second and third games and the offense is still a work in progress, But I do think that the LSU team will be very salty after the halfway point.

By the way, how is the QB problem coming along at Ole Miss? Who seems to be the leader?

Reb,

IMO Ole Miss and LSU are the dark horse contenders in the SECW this year. Both teams will have championship type defenses. I do think LSU is a ahead of Ole Miss on the offense despite Ole miss having 2 of the top receivers in the country in Treadwell and Engram(sp?).

The common theory that LSU does not have a QB is inaccurate. Brandon Harris is the front runner over Jennings and the job is now his to lose. Harris has always been considered to have great physical skills and but needed to develop the mental skills for the position. Seems like the coaches think he has. Jennings has also improved a lot which means that a one year starter who has improved a lot could not hold his job. Factor in that one QB and all the WR except for 1were all freshman without much at all experience. One WR and one of the QB were soph. The general improvement that you get in year two is always significant and the offense for that reason alone will definitely be better. One of the freshman WR last year, Malachi Dupree, was considered the #1 WR in the country like Treadwell was a few years ago. All in all, expect a big improvement in the LSU offense.

The OL, TE, and RB are big, fast, physical and talented. Probably the biggest offensive question is not QB but OL chemistry. Though there are 3 returning starters no OL is playing the same position he did previously. Miles, uncharacteristically, recently said that the OL is way better at pass protection in this stage of fall practice than at any time before, so chemistry maybe coming. I would credit it to the work of coach Grimes who is in his second year and is considered really good at technique and training.

I am not predicting LSU to win the west as they start off with MSU and AU in the second and third games and the offense is still a work in progress, But I do think that the LSU team will be very salty after the halfway point.

By the way, how is the QB problem coming along at Ole Miss? Who seems to be the leader?

I think little by little Chad Kelly is solidifying the #1 spot. He has all the tools to be an outstanding QB. If he is as good as he can be then Ole Miss will be explosive on offense and defense. Keeping away from key injuries is the key to our season.

I bet Kelly starts but Ryan plays in both games 1-2 just to test drive the offense. Hopefully we can give 2-3 stringers some good playing time, not being too overconfident. We can stand some injuries thanks to better depth but not any of our suspected. 1st round draftees.

Right, zreb. Give Kincade and Buchanan some playing time sounds great against lesser opponents to gain experience. But let's hope they don't transfer because they are both great athletes. Doss did that. I see a two QB situation depending on the situation.

I bet Kelly starts but Ryan plays in both games 1-2 just to test drive the offense. Hopefully we can give 2-3 stringers some good playing time, not being too overconfident. We can stand some injuries thanks to better depth but not any of our suspected. 1st round draftees.

I think all three QB's play the first two games.

Right, zreb. Give Kincade and Buchanan some playing time sounds great against lesser opponents to gain experience. But let's hope they don't transfer because they are both great athletes. Doss did that. I see a two QB situation depending on the situation.

If we get very good QB play this year I expect Patterson to redshirt next year. I hear he has agreed to it provided the QB's ahead of him do their jobs. I think down the road a combination of Pellirin(a Dak type) and Patterson could be lethal.

If Patterson would under those circumstances that would be great. It would be unselfish and in the best interest of the team. I kinda hate it that all these qbs seem like great kids and team players and they all can't play. Hopefully they see such improvement that they will wait for an opportunity rather than tsf, but wouldn't hold it against them if they did . Pellerin is going to develop I'm hoping!

Doss left because he wanted to be a QB and wasn't SEC-level. He actually wasn't all that great a QB in high school. You will never hear his name again unless he changes positions and likely not then either.

Doss left because he wanted to be a QB and wasn't SEC-level. He actually wasn't all that great a QB in high school. You will never hear his name again unless he changes positions and likely not then either.
Doss was an outstanding H.S. QB. 2012 4A-6A Player-of-the-year in N. AL with 2540 total yards - 13 TDs as a Senior and #11 prospect in Alabama. 2945 total yards as Junior with 16 TDs. Moot point now, but kid has potential in the right situation. Just got caught up in numbers at OM for QB. Auburn recruited him for defense.

Doss was an outstanding H.S. QB. 2012 4A-6A Player-of-the-year in N. AL with 2540 total yards - 13 TDs as a Senior and #11 prospect in Alabama. 2945 total yards as Junior with 16 TDs. Moot point now, but kid has potential in the right situation. Just got caught up in numbers at OM for QB. Auburn recruited him for defense.
That tells you how CHF has bumped it up a level. I remember years when Doss would have been the number 1 qb, the savior of the program, now he got too deep in the pecking order to see the field. Sounds like a good kid with potential. I hope he does well and it happy wherever he lands.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT