ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Basketball Tournament

Jan 20, 2016
I only see 3 teams from the SEC in the tournament. Has there ever been this few teams SEC teams in and what has happened to the SEC in basketball?

I only see 3 teams from the SEC in the tournament. Has there ever been this few teams SEC teams in and what has happened to the SEC in basketball?

The SEC doesn't care about basketball (except Kentucky -- and sometimes Florida). With our weak schedule Ole Miss can't even get an NIT bid with 20 wins. That's how pathetic the conference is.

Will the new Pavilion help that much. I like Andy Kennedy and think he is a great coach but I don't think he is a good recurter. He could take some lessons from Coach Freeze.

Will the new Pavilion help that much. I like Andy Kennedy and think he is a great coach but I don't think he is a good recurter. He could take some lessons from Coach Freeze.
He's not a good recruiter, but that's because we are not a basketball school. Relying on overseas players is evidence of that. Not fair to Coach Kennedy.

Thanks. I did not know that the problem was in recruiting. Most people including Coach Kennedy said that the problem was the Tad Pad. This years signing class I don't think would have ranked in the top 50 and the new parvilion was built by signing date.

Blaming losing on a venue is just excuses. Yes some care about basketball but most could give a flip. Personally i don't care if they ever play another game. It's just filler between football and baseball.

Blaming losing on a venue is just excuses. Yes some care about basketball but most could give a flip. Personally i don't care if they ever play another game. It's just filler between football and baseball.
Just a filler b/w football and baseball? So did we waste our money and time building the Pavilion? I disagree, pratt. Have you seen the inside? I did one time-incredible! Not a filler venue at all. That's your opinion, but you should see it. Eventually we'll get the players. These times are hard now, but we'll be back, and so will the fans.

Just a filler b/w football and baseball? So did we waste our money and time building the Pavilion? I disagree, pratt. Have you seen the inside? I did one time-incredible! Not a filler venue at all. That's your opinion, but you should see it. Eventually we'll get the players. These times are hard now, but we'll be back, and so will the fans.
correction you may be back, i will never watch an ole miss basketball game that i have to pay for lol. Don't care for the game nor would i waste my time watching it.

You are wright about the fans. They have always supported Ole Miss basketball when they were winning. I have watched them for 40 years. I think with Freez raising the bar in football it is going to do so in all sports at Ole Miss.

Reactions: Beatlesreb
You are wright about the fans. They have always supported Ole Miss basketball when they were winning. I have watched them for 40 years. I think with Freez raising the bar in football it is going to do so in all sports at Ole Miss.
Like any other group of fans. To me, it's exciting and the team is better when the fans are pulling for them. I'd be at every game if I lived in Oxford or nearby. But you are RIGHT! Freeze has done wonders not only for football, but his success bleeds into basketball-heck, even baseball-as well. We are so fortunate to have him.

Like any other group of fans. To me, it's exciting and the team is better when the fans are pulling for them. I'd be at every game if I lived in Oxford or nearby. But you are RIGHT! Freeze has done wonders not only for football, but his success bleeds into basketball-heck, even baseball-as well. We are so fortunate to have him.
I rank basketball on par with golf, tennis, maybe cross country running. To me they are all equally as exciting and important.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT