ADVERTISEMENT

Neal on Jones

bodiereb2

Second Team QB
Gold Member
Mar 12, 2002
Neal noted there are two sides to the story. Maybe that is correct. The IHL Board, despite the fact that it is a public entity, refuses to give us their side. They refuse to explain the specific reasons they non-renewed Jones. They do not have that prerogative. They are accountable to the citizenry. This cannot be debated. The Board's star chamber tactics are telling, and I am surprised that a journalist is okay with this level of secrecy from a state board.

Khayat calls the non-renewal an evil deed. Those are very strong words, and I would take his opinion over that of Neal, who admittedly, knows little about the situation and has apparently not even followed the story closely. For instance, in an interview which came out well before ten thoughts did, the IHL Commissioner confirmed that there were no issues with the Oxford campus. Neal presents this as a quasi-educated opinion.

On Dr. Dye, who put tubes in two of my children's ears, my advice to anyone would be to not serve on a public board if you do not want to be held accountable to the public. Dye is a Bryant appointee, who is part and parcel of the "evil deed" at this stage. Until the Board gives their specific reasons for the decision, they do not have a leg to stand on and lose the pubic debate by default. Once they give their reasons, that ends nothing but it can start a reasonable debate about whether these reasons were sufficient.

Neal indicated that he almost did not touch the subject. That probably would have been smart. As the publisher of one of the main Ole Miss' sports site (and, yes, this affects athletics), if you are not going to cover the story, at least stay out of the way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.