Chase Parham

RebelGrove.com Editor
Staff
May 11, 2009
Cade Horton
No. 54 overall prospect
No. 2 in Oklahoma
Shortstop/Pitcher

Committed to Ole Miss over Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State.

Clement recruited him.

"What really separated Ole Miss was the culture. With Oxford being so small and they pack so many fans each game it is incredible. That's what defined my choice and that's when I knew I wanted to play there."

Primary shortstop, fields the ball out front and works through the backhand well while showing sound actions, gets on top of throws and has solid present arm strength across the diamond. Also pitched and shows interesting future on the mound, higher leg lift with clean and easy delivery working into a quick and easy arm action and a three-quarters arm slot. Generates extension out front and shows a quick arm, topped out at 88 mph with fastball and gets on top consistently. Full four-pitch mix and will continue to refine with additional innings on mound, curveball shows 11-5 shape at 73 mph, changeup comes out well at 76 mph with life down while slider offers tight rotation up to 78 mph. Righthanded hitter, begins with an upright and narrow stance, high leg lift trigger for timing at start of swing. Simple weight shift through lower half and repeats swing well, some dip to backside to generate leverage at point of contact, projects well physically. Named to Junior National Top Prospect List. Very good student.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.