ADVERTISEMENT

New permanent games in 9 game SEC schedule

texasreb126

SEC Player of the Year
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2007
The Athletic posted the results of a survey asking SEC fans who they want to play for their three permanent games. After looking at the survey results here's what I would like to see happen. Some of these third games get really tricky and some are just to fill out the board.

Alabama - Auburn, Tenn., MSU
Bama's third game could be LSU but I don't the SEC would give them.

Arkansas - Texas, Mizzou, LSU
That LSU game could change but I think the other two are pretty set for the Hogs.

Auburn - Alabama , Georgia , MSU
Again the third game for Auburn could change. I'd love to see Auburn play UF again like they did before divisions but that could mean an annual S. Carolina v MSU game?

Florida - Georgia, Tenn., S. Carolina
Cocktail party, UF v UT was the hottest SEC game in the 90s, and the S. Carolina game got more popular after Spurrier went there.

Georgia - Auburn, Florida, S. Carolina
These three seem pretty set. S. Carolina as the third as the two schools are only 2.5 hours apart.

Kentucky - Vandy, Mizzou, S. Carolina
Three SEC East teams for the Cats. While Tenn. isn't on here i'm not sure there's a way to make that game annual.

LSU - Ole Miss, TAMU, Arkansas
Lots of teams consider the Tigers a rival....MSU, UF, Bama, Ole Miss, Aggies, Arkansas, and Auburn. While I think Ole Miss and TAMU are locks that third game could change. Bama?

Ole Miss - LSU, MSU, Vandy
Again the third game for many of these teams can change. Rebels should get MSU and LSU. Third game could be Arkansas, Vandy, or maybe even Auburn?

MSU - Ole Miss, Auburn, Alabama
Check out the survey results. No one wants to play MSU. I think they get Alabama here bc the teams are so close. Auburn for the third?

Mizzou - Arkansas, Kentucky, OU
Tigers were with OU in Big 8, Arkansas is a new thing, and I think Kentucky gets their third game.

OU - Mizzou, Texas, TAMU
Mizzou and Texas are locks I think. There's talk of them getting LSU. Which would mean an annual Arkansas v TAMU game?

S. Carolina - Georgia, Florida, Kentucky
Three East teams for the Cocks.

Tenn. - Alabama, Vandy, Florida
I think the league gives the Vols an annual game vs Gators instead of UK.

Texas - Arkansas, OU, TAMU
This might be the easiest three of the league to sort out.

TAMU - LSU, Texas, OU
Tigers and Horns are locks. That third game.....OU might just sort out like that but I don't think the Aggies would be too keen on it.

Vandy - Kentucky, Tenn., Ole Miss
Slam 'em dors.

Instead of Alabama v MSU and LSU v Arkansas I could see the SEC proposing Alabama v LSU and MSU v Arkansas.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.