ADVERTISEMENT

Not a lot of hope for the defense this year but next year should improve,,

Rebel822

Five-Star Prospect
Gold Member
Jun 4, 2020
Now I am hoping that as the season progresses the defense can just move up to the 'poor' range, which is an upgrade from 'abominable' right now, if they can Ole Miss can win a number of games.
Next year for sure Reese will be eligible along with the transfer Springer who seemed to be a pretty solid player for Navy. The advantage it appears Kiffin has right now is room for at least 7 grad transfers or transfer portal players. I would use every one of those on pass rushers or DT's (those able to play in the SEC),,, yes, yes they are a premium but for players wanting more exposure and a better chance at the NFL and also for some early playing time, there can't be many more attractive places than Ole Miss right now, anyone can see the need and can see the elite offense that just needs some decent defensive help. If the NCAA passes the one time transfer rule, it could not come at a better time for Ole Miss. I would bet he has plenty of staff combing that transfer market looking for immediate help, that's in addition to the high school/juco talent that he might/should be able to bring in. I'm hoping next year's defense will not be recognizable to this year's.

Reactions: Easy Plateau
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News