ADVERTISEMENT

Offensive game plan concerns

AlexT.23

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2024
I posted this in another thread

Have you guys noticed that every single season under Kiffin we have one egregious game like this where the offense just doesn’t work at all and completely stalls out? Just like the Alabama game last year. We were up 7-6 at halftime, should have won. We just couldn’t score whatsoever. It always seems to be when we force things and don’t have a balanced offense. When we spread out and get a lot of different players involved, it works. For example, the Peach bowl or the LSU game. Tre seemed like the only target yesterday. Jaxson was forcing him the ball. When we get behind the chains and off schedule, it doesn’t work. Then the following week we can go put up 55 on another team. It’s beyond my understanding, but the game plan yesterday was clearly piss poor. Dart seemed way off his game. Play calling was bad. Kentucky out coached us in all phases. Seemed like Dart and Tre were trying to make highlight reels and pad stats instead of win the game. Dart was holding on to the ball too long, putting too much pressure on the line.

I do believe we can right the ship and still achieve what we all desire, we just have no margin for error now. These are hopefully correctable issues. Run game and O line are still the most concerning. If we can get the O line healthy maybe that will help.

Last edited:
Reactions: bumper jack
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.