ADVERTISEMENT

Ole Miss BB

Stephan Moody is one of the most entertaining players I've ever seen.
I agree. He completely took over the game last night. Had he not hurt his ham string, ole miss would have beaten south Carolina and Mississippi state at the very least. Add those games to the win column and the rebs are probably a bubble team right now. Moody is able to do things athletically that is very rare.

I agree. He completely took over the game last night. Had he not hurt his ham string, ole miss would have beaten south Carolina and Mississippi state at the very least. Add those games to the win column and the rebs are probably a bubble team right now. Moody is able to do things athletically that is very rare.
Think Marshall Henderson should be among the most entertaining. He wasn't so bad, either. Can you believe this guy is playing Baghdad, Iraq? Moody is a difference maker, too, no doubt. But he needs help to win consistently.

Think Marshall Henderson should be among the most entertaining. He wasn't so bad, either. Can you believe this guy is playing Baghdad, Iraq? Moody is a difference maker, too, no doubt. But he needs help to win consistently.
Marshall played on a team with the best rebounder,Holloway, and shot blocker , buckner, in the history of ole miss basketball. Henderson played on a that won the sec tournament and quite frankly should have gone to the elite 8 in the ncaa. Yes Henderson won more games but he had the fortune of playing on a fabulous team. I loved watching Henderson but........ hands down Moody is a better player. Kennedy is a perfect coach for these 2 p layers in that they have the green light anytime to shoot . Moody is a better shooter, passer, rebounder, shot blocker and that says alot because Henderson was phenomenal. Moody is great because the players around him, who ain't sec calibre players, better. Look at the mizu game the other night with a minute to go, Moody gets taken out.... 9 points later he's back in shooting foul shots to ice the game. Or the south Carolina game this year, ole miss had the game in hand with 4 minutes to go. Moody gets hurt. Ole miss looses. The crazy thing is that this year with Moody ole miss is going to win 20 plus games. Without him, they might have won 10 games. I love Marshall Henderson but Stephan Moody is a better and more dynamic player. If he played for Kentucky he would be the national player of the year. This guy got applauded at rup last year and cal said if he didn't cramp up, ole miss wins. The guy plays a foot and a half above the time at 5'8" tall. He's far and away the most dynamic player to play for the rebs

Last edited:
Reactions: Fishing123
The problem with our basketball team is that Moody has to carry the team on his shoulders. Our chances in getting the tournament are nil, b/c of this. He has a great shot, no doubt, but Marshall did, too. Moody hardly has anyone who can rebound like Holloway or block shots like Buckner. It's difficult for me to say Moody is "better" but I believe if Marshall can suddenly switch roles with Moody, Marshall would be at least as successful. And what about Gerald Glass and Carlos Clark, as far as dynamics, if you go back that far?

The problem with our basketball team is that Moody has to carry the team on his shoulders. Our chances in getting the tournament are nil, b/c of this. He has a great shot, no doubt, but Marshall did, too. Moody hardly has anyone who can rebound like Holloway or block shots like Buckner. It's difficult for me to say Moody is "better" but I believe if Marshall can suddenly switch roles with Moody, Marshall would be at least as successful. And what about Gerald Glass and Carlos Clark, as far as dynamics, if you go back that far?
I love Carlos Clark and I was at the game in when glass scored 53 against lsu and criss Jackson. Carlos Clark was a steady. Glass is a close 2nd to Moody I admit . I love Marshall but Moody. I fell in love with ole miss basketball in 1979. The first games I saw were the sec tittle team that had elston turner, Clark, touhey, steig ect. I'm telling you all the ole miss basketball I've seen in the last 35 years, I've never seen an ole miss player get a standing ovation at Rupp, like Moody did last year. I'll stand by what I said with Moody being the most entertaining and dynamic player I've seen at ole miss. You really got me thinking. My top 5 are 1. Moody 2 Gerald Glass 3 Henderson 4 Elston Turner 5 Keith Carter. I'm a big bball fan and this board rarely gets much topic time so thanks for your feedback

Keith Carter. Yeah, you're right. But I also remember that 1979 team. Lived in Virginia then and tried to get every game on AM radio, which would fade in and out. . . "10 footer by Steig is -static static-and is fouled-static. . ." What a pain in the butt that was. I was at the LSU game, too. Best game by far I've ever seen!

Keith Carter. Yeah, you're right. But I also remember that 1979 team. Lived in Virginia then and tried to get every game on AM radio, which would fade in and out. . . "10 footer by Steig is -static static-and is fouled-static. . ." What a pain in the butt that was. I was at the LSU game, too. Best game by far I've ever seen!
This was before ESPN and Cable TV.

This was before ESPN and Cable TV.
God this makes me feel old but this was an era around the time when espn was just starting. I believe espn started in 1979. I actually remember goin to a friend's house to watch the 83 independence bowl on espn. I can remember listening to basketball and football games on am radio too. I have memories of listening to games with my grandfather and bonding with him on Saturday s. The last memories I had with my grandfather who would never miss a game on that am radio. It is funny how the reception would go in and out. John forcade scoring from the 1 yard line was the last game papaw and I heard. I relate alot of family memories with ole miss sports and probably am such a huge fan today because of that.

Reactions: Beatlesreb
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT