ADVERTISEMENT

On the Kiffin/Coca-Cola thing

Daviskenn

All-Pro NFL
Gold Member
Dec 14, 2005
Thinking about this after reading 10 Thoughts and the mentally ill kid thread.

Obviously you can’t let Coke walk out the door, but I’m just thinking about what Lane said about the 65 grams (20 ounce Coke). They’re starting to really connect sugar as the culprit in Alzheimer’s and other similar diseases. I’m sure some medical people on here could talk more intelligently about it than me, but I’m seeing it referred to “Type 3 Diabetes” more and more. I mentioned this in the other thread, but my father died with Alzheimer’s 20 + years ago and though it’s not diagnosed (can’t before you die) my mother is pretty far along with it too. Thankfully, she is about to be 92 - so it’s been a wonderful life…but back to the point of the post.

Kiffin was so right. It’s like EVERYBODY knows there are problems with processed food in the US, but everybody kinda winks and nods and goes on about business when confronted with the facts. Obesity and diabetes are an absolute epidemic. Something HAS to be done. I’ve lost 87 pounds in the last year and a half - because I knew it was going to kill me. (Luckily I wasn’t diabetic)…
RFK talking about the American diet is fascinating. Kindve makes you realize that we all sit around wondering what is giving us all these diseases as we eat our Big Mac made out of Raid and witchcraft
How many Americans died of Covid? Weight being the biggest comorbidity.
Will we ever get serious about this epidemic?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.