ADVERTISEMENT

OT: did a car dealership sabatoge my car?!

daolebears26

4-Year Starter
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2015
I took my range rover sport to a large hyundai dealership to test drive a Palisade. I didn't even mention it as a possible trade in. Sales guy said they were interested in it and wanted to take a look at it. I told him I was private selling and they weren't going to offer me what I wanted for it, but go ahead. First mistake. I get done and they are still test driving my vehicle. I ask them to hurry as I'm taking my wife and 2 small kids to a birthday party and need to go.

They had the car for about 15 minutes, out of my possession..2nd mistake. As I'm loading kids up, 3 people come up to the window and tell me they are concerned about a coolant leak. I said I haven't noticed any coolant leak and no engine warning lights are on. They said "well we just don't want you to break down with the kids in the car" basically. I tell them I'll get it checked and drive off. Didnt make it 3 miles and car broke down. I called and ripped them to hell. I had driven 50 miles to this city, ate lunch for an hour and went directly to the dealership 50 yards away. No issues prior. Threatened and investigation and lawsuit. Took it to an independent mechanic and nothing obviously nefarious. Now needs a head gasket replaced at minimum, new engine at worst. Dont know the extent of the damage yet. Again, no warning before the car broke down.

Crazy coincidence or did they sabotage my car? Seems too risky for a big dealership to do shit like that.

What recourse do it have? What steps should I take?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.