ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Here's How Much I Hate Wearing a Mask

SharkmanReb

All-Pro NFL
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2017
Flowood MS
So I used to have 20/10 - 20/20 vision but things have been sliding down since about 2010 and it's reached the point reading glasses, while they still work, aren't quite cutting it anymore. So yesterday I got a prescription for eye glasses.

I have vision insurance but the only place local that is "in network" is LensCrafters in NorthPark Mall. One, I hate going to the mall period. Avoid it like the plague, but I went anyway. I went to the "wrong place" but the guy who ran it said that while he wasn't in my Network, he could offer me better and faster service and would try to get me a deal.

The guy really sold he stuff and seemed like he was trying to be competitive. Put some effort and I liked him.

Also, he didn't require a mask.

I told him that I just had to check LensCrafters, but if it was even close I'd come back because I was in sales and I appreciated his effort.

Went to LensCrafters. No one was wearing a mask... until I walked in. Then the masks went up. I told her she didn't need to wear that on my behalf, and then I was informed that I would need to mask up as well.

I said, no thanks, I was past the mask nonsense and if I had to wear a mask they were out a customer. She said that was the policy so I left and went back to the other guy.

Best guess it's going to cost me about a $100 more, give or take, but I have zero problem with that under these circumstances.

Just thought I would share.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.