ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Lawyers I need some advice

firelt4

SEC Champion
Gold Member
Jan 13, 2011
Oxford
I have a friend who recently purchased 1/2 acres from a sorry piece of garbage family member of mine that had already sold the same piece of land to another local guy in February. In February my family member, a lawyer and the first guy met, agreed on the terms and they all signed a Warranty Deed. Here is where my friend enters. My slime ball family member told my buddy that he had the deed for the property and that there was no need for a lawyer that he could just sign a quick claim deed and hand him $6,000 dollars and they would all be happy except for the guy who purchased the property in February has now started the process of clearing and will soon put a mobile home on it. My piece of trash family member took my buddies money moved out of state. his phone number has been changed and he’s just vanished. What course of action should my buddy take obviously my friend wants his money back but my family member is a ex convict and I think my friend would be just as happy seeing him have to go back to jail.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.