ADVERTISEMENT

OT - safe driving apps

cousrey75

All-Pro NFL
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2007
Have any of you used safe driving apps to get a discount?. I have never had an accident that was my fault, but I am an aggressive driver and drive a RSQ8 so it’s meant to be driven. It’s also Texas where speed limits are a mere suggestion. In order to get $3500 on savings my house auto went up $90 a month. So they offer this app, but I am curious if any of yall have figured out how to get good driving scores while driving like a normal person not an alto driver. (Alto is a service like Uber but their drivers drive slow as shit to the point it’s a major complaint and lots of people I know dropped their subs to it). If they couldn’t raise my rate it would be risk free but evidently they can use it to raise your rate. Thanks in advance and I know what I am asking before the insurance fraud crowd comes in.

Have seen some suggestions like put it on an old iPhone and then use it for short hops to grocery or school when you intentionally drive well.

I drive very few miles since I work from home and don’t drive at all between 12-5 am which also dings you. It also allows you to say you were the passenger but have to imagine if you use that all the time you get kicked. So I think
I can save some real money up to 30% in Texas. It checks acceleration and braking which are a problem in a 600hp 5800lb SUV. I already use the manual shifting for a lot of braking to save the ceramics (rotors as I get one free new set of pads) for as long as possible.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News