ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Some USMNT discussion - Youngsters

JT Rebel

All-Pro NFL
Gold Member
Nov 7, 2011
Just wanted a little off-topic discussion before our big game tonight. Was reading around and watched a few videos discussing Gideon Zelalem and Julian Green.

First off with Zelalem. Lots of people are thinking Klinnsman is foolish for promising Zelalem a spot on the USMNT 1st string squad the second he becomes eligible. I guess it's because I like recruiting so much, but I agree with Klinnsman. Get the kid locked in to the US before Germany even has a chance to change his mind. I think he could be really special down the road.

As for Julian Green. Kids attitude has to change. As a guy who played sports(basketball in high school) growing up and was usually on the reserve side of things, I always busted my butt any time the coach let me get the ball in my hands. It sucks to see a kid everyone wants to see succeed so bad, get pissed at being on a bad team instead of going out there and just showing out against bad competition. It's better than not playing at all... Look at Aron Johannson. Scores unholy amounts of goals against lowly competition for the most part and gets his due for it.

Any other young players the USMNT should be looking out for coming up?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.