ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Update from my TCU friends whose son was diagnosed with cancer

libmaniac

4-Year Starter
Gold Member
Mar 21, 2006
Okay guys, back in December, I posted about my TCU friends who have a 4-year old son who was diagnosed with an extremely rare brain tumor. I also posted a link where people could donate to help raise funds for the cost of treatment and some of you guys were overwhelmingly generous with your donations and as a courtesy to those of you who did donate or send up a prayer or 2, I would like to give you a brief update on their status.

Connor struggled through his 30 rounds of radiation treatment and almost didn't make it through. Doctors twice told the parents that his best bet for survival would be intubation, but the parents held off and his little body reacted relatively well to the treatments that the doctors put in place instead of intubation. Connor was discharged from the hospital last week and is resting at home with nurses and his therapists. The tumor has placed stress on the brainstem and he can't move or talk, but there has been very small yet encouraging progress during the last week.

The family knows that the long-term prognosis is still very muddy...very few cases like this are developed each year and Connor has already outlasted the time frame that doctors gave him initially, so we're still just hoping for the very best.

Thanks again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.