ADVERTISEMENT

Our problem with the past... LONG

ATL_OleMiss_Rebel

Four-Star Prospect
Jun 27, 2010
Mississippi and The south as a whole has always been late to the party..... Some can argue that's a good thing since tradition and old school values serve the community well. Some can argue that it's living in th past and it's racist or whatever.

My point that I want to make is that you have to understand the world changes. If you don't change and evolve you fall behind. I had no problem with getting rid of col reb... I think a mascot is for children. Dixie hurt because the song had so many great memories attached to it, but with "TSWRA" at the end..... it just had to go. The flags..... Give me a break I know my history and the flag is tainted. I understand it has a greater meaning and I'm ok with people who believe that but it should not be associated with our university. Now to Ole Miss, I love it and I think its hard to make an argument against it. With that said, the way "some," not all, but some people react to the news is unbelievable! Grown men start yelling and going crazy about a university trying to better itself!!??? We have been held down for so so long because of people's unwillingness to let go.

I understand some of the hurt for a lost tradition,BUT people need to wake up! Leave the south and travel to different areas! When I travel to California and I tell them I went to school in Mississippi they give me a look and say oh...... Then I fire back with don't be so judgemental! The south has been on the wrong side of the fence it's fare share but I accept anyone and everyone regardless of gender, race, religion, sexuality, etc etc. the response from the westerners is typically a sigh of relief. I then give them crap for judging me first!

What I want to ask the Ole miss/ university of miss community is what side of the fence are you on today? Do you want to see our school move forward? Do you want to see our tainted past fade away? Do I want Ole miss to go away??? NO, I'm not sure I fully understand this one but I'm willing to listen to people that think it should and try to understand why and not react like a 5 year old that didn't get its way. Don't be so quick to slam the door and yell out! People's crazy responses are what gets used against us on the recruiting trail. Let's be open to discussion and try and look at it from someone else's perspective!

Can't wait for the season to start! Go Rebs!!! Oh and by the way rebels will be gone in time too, just a heads up so some folks can prepare themselves.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.