ADVERTISEMENT

Post Grove Bowl thoughts. What did you think?

dixiereb26

All-Pro NFL
Gold Member
Aug 29, 2005
It's just a spring game so you can't really read too much into much into it, but this is what I saw.

1. The quarterback battle is nowhere near settled. Kincade had the best day in my opinion. He showed what a dynamic player he can be but he missed quite a few of wide open throws. That is the major thing holding him back. Buchanan and Kelly both didn't really impress me that much. Seems like they couldn't find a rhythm.

2. Tony Bridges is special. We should enjoy him while we can because he might be playing on Sundays in just a year. He was the most impressive player on the field to me.

3. Wilkins is our running back. I really liked the way he ran. He's very physical and was clearly the best back today. He should make a huge jump this year.

4. I was disappointed with receiver play. Too many dropped balls. Stringfellow looked slow playing out there. Overall, I'm not worried about this group. We are so deep and should be fine. When Treadwell comes back, he'll make them look a lot better.

5. I'm reserving any judgments on offensive line play until we get healthy, but I was pleased with their play considering injuries.

6. The defensive line is loaded. Robert Nkimdiche is Robert Nkimdiche. There isn't much else to say about him. He is an absolute freak. Really like what I saw out of Breeland Speaks. He looks like he will be a special player for us. He's going to drive quarterbacks nuts with all the knocked down balls at the line of scrimmage.

7. Didn't really notice much about the linebackers other than one of the Moore twins appeared to have a good day. Looked very fast and physical. Not sure which one plays linebacker.

8. We are loaded at DB. I've already commented on Bridges. Sheppard and Webster both really looked good out there. Elston made some good plays as well. He's a seasoned veteran. There is just so much talented back there.

9. Overall, I think we should have a pretty good season if we can get some consistency at QB and if the offensive line can stay healthy. I am seeing anywhere from 7 to 10 wins this year. Lots of variables moving forward. I'm excited to see what we have this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News