ADVERTISEMENT

Post-LSU analysis

TheGrove17

Five-Star Prospect
Gold Member
Jun 23, 2015
I was there last night. My 6th game in Baton Rouge. That was the loudest game I’ve ever been to. Even worse than 2014 when we were ranked #3. Night games in Baton Rouge are something else.

We left so many points on the field. The first drive Trey dropped a pass. Missed field goal, turnover inside their 20, go for it instead of taking points. Land gifted them 3 points before half instead of kneeling. Instead of being up 10 with 3 minutes to go we were only up 7 because of that.

Our OL got rocked all night. They brought pressure knowing dart couldn’t/wouldn’t get out of it. And fans all week said we would gash them.

Mason Taylor is special. The kid can play. When they needed a play he made it. Same for Nussmeir. Made the plays he needed to. Especially on the last drive and it OT.

There were questionable calls all night but you can’t go down there and leave it in the ref’s hands. Early on we had more than enough opportunities to put the game away.

One positive is that in all my trips, I’ve never seen as many rebels In Baton Rouge as there were last night. From the top deck all the way down was red in our sections. And we were loud. The fans did their part. Once again the players and coaches did not.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.