ADVERTISEMENT

Prospects picking up a hat

Beatlesreb

Three-Star Prospect
Gold Member
Aug 16, 2015
Panama City, FL
Does this bother anybody? It does me. A prospective player is provided baseball caps of the schools they have considered, and pick one. Recruiting is exciting-I get that-but to me it's like bragging and stating I am the greatest! IT'S FREAKING FOOTBALL! The formality of it is so phony. Like they are sticking up the middle finger of the schools they didn't choose! Does an engineering student who chooses, say, LSU, pick up a hat? NO! I feel an education is more important than football.

Does this bother anybody? It does me. A prospective player is provided baseball caps of the schools they have considered, and pick one. Recruiting is exciting-I get that-but to me it's like bragging and stating I am the greatest! IT'S FREAKING FOOTBALL! The formality of it is so phony. Like they are sticking up the middle finger of the schools they didn't choose! Does an engineering student who chooses, say, LSU, pick up a hat? NO! I feel an education is more important than football.

It only bothers me when they don't pick the Ole Miss hat.

Last edited:
It only bothers me when they don't pick the Ole Miss hat.
Right! That would be great if they pick up the Ole Miss hat. Seems so superficial, though. I say just sign your name, tell family and recruiters, and be happy with your decision. Fans will be happy, too. But the hat crap. . . come on, really?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT