ADVERTISEMENT

PSA---Film Noir Must See Movie....

wpman1

All-Pro NFL
Gold Member
Oct 12, 2002
A bit of background... I'm a fan of classic movies.. I've recently been bit by the classic film noir bug.. One of my fixes has been to check out various film noir sites and forums... I came across a YouTube site called Full Moon Matinee... It's a free service loaded with a number of film noir movies... no commercials.....

I just finished watching "I Wake Up Screaming" from 1941.. One of the earliest movies of the film noir genre... Talk about two very easy on the eyes females in the movie--Betty Grable and Carole Landis--both blondes and so beautiful.. Victor Mature plays the lead male character.. Elisha Cook, Jr. is creepy as heck, as is one police detective, Cornell...

It's certainly a movie that keeps you wondering what's going to happen next...

Also, Carole Landis is especially good at keeping guys' attention...

As a bit of trivia, Landis caught the movie public's attention in the 1940 movie "One Million B.C." as THE cave woman. Raquel Welch would reprise the role 25+ years later in "One Million Year B.C."....

Landis ended up with two nicknames, The Ping Girl and The Chest.. A still of Landis in "One Million B.C."

261d760865495d8639b8161ae2192fbf.jpg

Here's a publicity photo of Grable, Landis, and Mature:

MV5BMDczMGYwNmQtMDViYy00OWM5LTliNzMtNmNiMGJiZDZjZjZlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUwMDUwNA@@._V1_.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News