ADVERTISEMENT

Reality Check

NathanAT95

4-Year Starter
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2019
Alright, it’s Monday now and folks need to peel themselves off the pavement. I don’t think a single member of this board is gonna pretend like Saturday night wasn’t gut wrenching. It was one of the worst losses I’ve ever seen as an Ole Miss fan. I remember thinking in the fourth they’d get that last touchdown and it would be over. Instead Dart refused to throw to wide opens targets and threw inaccurate deep balls. Something he’s done all season. So now we are a little past the halfway point staring failure in the face.

With that said, we have lost two SEC games by 3 points each. One of those being in one of the biggest environments the toughest place to play in the country has ever seen. Should we have won both games? Yes. You can point to very valid criticisms as to why both were lost and why the offense isn’t performing the way it should be.

There are five games left in this season. Four of them they can absolutely win. One is going to be tough, but it’s not impossible. If they go 10-2 they are getting in the playoffs. It may involve a trip to State College but they are getting in. If they don’t we have come a long way from the 2019 Egg Bowl and next year we’ll run it back with hopefully something to prove. Hopefully with lessons learned.

My point is I understand we are all bummed out, pissed off, etc. We have to act better as a fan base though. I’ve seen some pretty shitty attacks at players, coaches, etc. I think a lot it comes from a fan base who doesn’t know how to win and part of it comes from this season being billed as title or bust for some strange reason. I’m simply asking we do better. You don’t wanna give to the grove collective anymore? Fine, but be prepared to lose 5-6 games a year again every year. However act like you have some decency. You don’t think future portal players, recruits, and their families don’t see this crap? I promise they do.

TLDR: Do better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.