ADVERTISEMENT

Roster Overview - Scholarship Limit & Signing Class Room

OrlandoReb87

Four-Star Prospect
Gold Member
Dec 10, 2017
A lot of talk about commitment/signing class numbers, possible transfers, etc. Let me try and help everyone understand the number crunch that we're in. The scholarship limit (85) is the most important thing in play. Due to the extra covid year, most schools have close to an extra signing class on roster (the 85 scholarship limitation didn't apply this season). Looking at the roster of players eligible to return next year, there are 66 players on scholarships already, see below (maybe i missed a few and am off by 1-2). I omitted Corral, Broeker, and Ealy, as I expect for them to go pro. Keep in mind this list doesnt factor in players that have 1 more year of eligibility due to COVID (Chance, Pearson, Otis, Tylan Knight, Keidron, Rhodes, Chase Rogers, Tavius Robinson). My guess is 4 of those 8 return. Now we're at 70 players on scholarship, so that leaves room for roughly 15 new players that we can add on scholarship from the '22 signing class and transfer portal. Obviously, we'll end up having room for more than 15 because some current players on scholarship will be "processed" and some will decide on their own to transfer for PT. That figure, as @Neal McCready and @Chase Parham have mentioned, is expected to be quite large. I think you see about 10 players on the list below that wont be on our roster next year. With 10 gone, that now gives you roughly 25 new players to bring in on scholarship next year from the signing class and portal. My guess is we sign about 18-20 guys and then bring in 5-7 via the transfer portal. I fully expect that we bring in at least 1 transfer from each of these positions (QB, WR, OL, DL, LB).

Hopefully this helps everyone understand why our commitment list is smaller than normal and will end up that way on signing day. We simply just dont have the room to sign 25 guys and then bring in a handful of much needed impact transfers.

1Mingo
2Jalen Jordan
3Bullock
4Dannis Jackson
5Deantre Prince
6Battle
7Altmyer
8Brandon Mack
9Plumlee
10Austin Keys
11Jak Brown
12Dent
13Marc Britt
14Derek Bermudez
15MJ Daniels
16Jernigan
17Clowney
18Jadon Jackson
19AJ Finley
20Jakorey Hawkins
21Snoop Conner
22Parrish
23Trey Washington
24Tysheem Johnson
25Jalen Knox
26Markevious Brown
27Damarcus Thomas
28Demarko Williams
29Cedric Johnson
30Cistrunk
31Kyndrich Breedlove
32Elijah Sabbatini
33Caden Costa
34Patrick Lucas Jr
35Ledarrius Cox
36Taleeq Robbins
37Luke Shouse
38Caleb Warren
39KD Hill
40Reece McIntyre
41Michael Pettus
42Demarcus Smith
43Jalen Cunningham
44Cedric Nicely
45Carter Colquitt
46Jayden Williams
47Tobias Braun
48Eli Acker
49Erick Cade
50Bryce Ramsey
51Cedric Melton
52Hamilton Hall
53Jeremy James
54Jonathan Hess
55Casey Kelly
56Qua Davis
57JJ Henry
58Hudson Wolfe
59Bralon Brown
60Buckhaulter
61Tywone Malone
62JJ Hawkins
63Bivens
64Iton
65Jamond Gordon
66Desanto Rollins

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.