ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday’s Reality Check… No the sky isn’t falling

whreb

All America Prospect
Gold Member
Oct 16, 2018
Bham, AL
Long post but just thinking out loud

Yes it was a missed opportunity. Yes the LK big game troubles are starting to get worrisome BUT I think some of us (including myself) got carried away with expectations. This looked like a 8-4ish football team from the beginning. We don’t suck. But we’re not great yet either.

Think there is enough evidence you can’t build elite teams thru the portal? Obviously LK does with who HS heavy he is going now.

Here’s are my concerns long term

-NIL allocation… the fact we are paying multiple QBs six figures when only 1 plays is mind boggling. Forget Keon Coleman. How many OL or another LB could have covered that? also I agree with Neal on that RB should not be getting the biggest deal on the team. We met the number LK said he needed. Where he spends it should be questioned as of rn

-Development… specifically OL/ High school WRs. Stock these every year and nothing substantial comes out. Are these misevals or what? 4th year and 3rd line coach doesn’t help either. Hoping Garrison is a longer term option

-Playcalling… not gonna say “fire Weis” but our offense just flat out disappears for quarters at a time. Very head scratching.

And here’s to not playing Nick Saban again (pls God)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News