ADVERTISEMENT

Saw a top 5 wr NFL list

zreb

All-Pro NFL
Feb 27, 2002
with Treadwell #1. Cody Core will make it and probably make pension. The kid was always in the shadows but a clutch player indeed. Coming from auburn al he had to endure.

with Treadwell #1. Cody Core will make it and probably make pension. The kid was always in the shadows but a clutch player indeed. Coming from auburn al he had to endure.
Saw an evaluation of Core. Was not favorable;too slow, bad hands, and bad, sloppy routes. A free agent. Thought it was BS! Never saw that when he played for us.

Saw an evaluation of Core. Was not favorable;too slow, bad hands, and bad, sloppy routes. A free agent. Thought it was BS! Never saw that when he played for us.
Not trying to knock you but would you be able to evaluate routes on an NFL level if you had to? I mean can you tell if a route is ran correctly or not? and yes his hands are suspect, he caught as many balls with his body as he did his hands. Watch Treadwell close he catches everything with his hands and usually full extension, that's the difference in a completed pass and batted ball in tight windows in the NFL..

Not trying to knock you but would you be able to evaluate routes on an NFL level if you had to? I mean can you tell if a route is ran correctly or not? and yes his hands are suspect, he caught as many balls with his body as he did his hands. Watch Treadwell close he catches everything with his hands and usually full extension, that's the difference in a completed pass and batted ball in tight windows in the NFL..
No and no. I have a feeling Cody will be a pleasant surprise in the NFL. Made some great catches for us, but, then, I'm not an NFL scout. Treadwell is a beast!

No and no. I have a feeling Cody will be a pleasant surprise in the NFL. Made some great catches for us, but, then, I'm not an NFL scout. Treadwell is a beast!
I think Core makes a roster, if he impresses someone in a workout he could even be drafted in the late late rounds. I just know how people on this board over evaluate our players from a homer stand point. I remember a few years ago when people were talking about John Jerry being a first round guy and Moncrief being a top ten pick. I just try to temper peoples expectations lol. The big three will go early. Rob may fall out of the first round because of the off the field issues but he is top 10 talent. Treadwell could go anywhere from 5th to 20th cause receivers are hard to predict. Tunsil is pretty much a consensus #1 overall. Cooper is probably going to go somewhere from 3rd to 5th. The biggest mystery is going to be CJ, if turns in strong numbers at the combine i could see him going 4th to 6th but if he runs slow and has weak numbers he won't be drafted. When the smoke clears we wil have 5-8 players from this years teams on NFL rosters for camps.

Reactions: Reblarry
I can't recall the specific games but on several occasions Cody made spectacular catches for 1downs to keep drives alive. I believe he will show up well in tryouts. He is just a gamer and that's why he's featured on so many om promos.

Reactions: Reblarry
I see so many post and articles from sports writers about how this player will do in the draft. Some will say how this one will do great and then another will say how that player will not do so good. I read an article yesterday about how Tredwell would not be very good in the NFL. You can read anything and some will be true and some will not be. Cody may be drafted or he may not. I can think of some players that had pretty good NFL careers that went undrafted. Jim Kelly for one. Kent Hull all pro center for Buffolo. Hull was a starter 3 or 4 years for MSU but still did not make a NFL team coming out college.

I see so many post and articles from sports writers about how this player will do in the draft. Some will say how this one will do great and then another will say how that player will not do so good. I read an article yesterday about how Tredwell would not be very good in the NFL. You can read anything and some will be true and some will not be. Cody may be drafted or he may not. I can think of some players that had pretty good NFL careers that went undrafted. Jim Kelly for one. Kent Hull all pro center for Buffolo. Hull was a starter 3 or 4 years for MSU but still did not make a NFL team coming out college.

Jim Kelly was drated 14th overall and the only QB's taken before him were Todd Blackledge and John Elway. Kent Hull was drafted 6th overall by the Generals of the USFL which paid as much as the NFL at the time lol.

If you wanna talk about undrafted guys, look at Kurt Warner, Preist Holmes, John Randle, James Harrison, London Fletcher, and Sam Mills.

You get the message of what I was saying. You can never tell where they will go or how good they will be only time will tell.

I think Core makes a roster, if he impresses someone in a workout he could even be drafted in the late late rounds. I just know how people on this board over evaluate our players from a homer stand point. I remember a few years ago when people were talking about John Jerry being a first round guy and Moncrief being a top ten pick. I just try to temper peoples expectations lol. The big three will go early. Rob may fall out of the first round because of the off the field issues but he is top 10 talent. Treadwell could go anywhere from 5th to 20th cause receivers are hard to predict. Tunsil is pretty much a consensus #1 overall. Cooper is probably going to go somewhere from 3rd to 5th. The biggest mystery is going to be CJ, if turns in strong numbers at the combine i could see him going 4th to 6th but if he runs slow and has weak numbers he won't be drafted. When the smoke clears we wil have 5-8 players from this years teams on NFL rosters for camps.
I am guilty of over evaluating and being a homer. When I was attending Ole Miss, we had WR JR Ambrose, and Bill Smith, that huge punter built like an LB. Surely thought they'd make it big time. Or Cory Peterson during Eli's time. Good post!

I am guilty of over evaluating and being a homer. When I was attending Ole Miss, we had WR JR Ambrose, and Bill Smith, that huge punter built like an LB. Surely thought they'd make it big time. Or Cory Peterson during Eli's time. Good post!
Thanks, I love Ole Miss but I love the game of football more. I will watch the draft from pick 1 to Mr irrelevant. The Only one that has truly stumped me was Cody Prewitt. I thought he would have been drafted in the 5th, 6th or 7th. His times were decent and everything. Put that in with his body of work on the field and i figured he would have been taken. I think him playing his whole career at FS is the only thing i can figure hindered his draft.

Thanks, I love Ole Miss but I love the game of football more. I will watch the draft from pick 1 to Mr irrelevant. The Only one that has truly stumped me was Cody Prewitt. I thought he would have been drafted in the 5th, 6th or 7th. His times were decent and everything. Put that in with his body of work on the field and i figured he would have been taken. I think him playing his whole career at FS is the only thing i can figure hindered his draft.
Right, Prewitt should have been there. Some of these guys just give up football. Prewitt might be one of them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT