ADVERTISEMENT

Seriously NEAL.....

Aug 10, 2014
you really expect anyone with reasonable intelligence to believe there is a group of Alabama fans that want
Kennedy? Sure, they just fired a guy who had one NCAA tourney in six years, let's go get a guy who until late yesterday, and by the skin of his teeth, had one in eight?

(It's hard not to laugh as I type)......or.....that somebody in Alabama actually texted you this? Who was it?

Look, you want to keep the conspiracy theorists quiet then just STOP! You know, those that insist that media that become friendly with coaches and work with them or their agents to create the narrative that they're wanted men for job openings.

For the record, I will never believe the Freeze to Florida thing was real. And no I'm not going to say there was a conspiracy. But it did seem odd when you tried to fill in some gaps saying Freeze wasn't necessarily interested until Um fans were upset with him over the 30-0 disaster in Fayetteville. Really, Freeze was upset that UM fans were upset with him after a blowout loss? If true, what did HF think he was getting into before taking an SEC job?

I was in Alabama all week. Monday to Friday. The dominant topic on the radio all week was Anthony Grant. Not one person ever mentioned AK as a possibility. Never mentioned him period. Oh yeah, you mentioned that AK gets a lot of grief from Ole Miss fans? He does? In the SEC modern era, check the record and see because I could be wrong, no coach ever went six consecutive seasons without an NCAA bid and survived. Andy did. Hell, most Ole Miss fans have made excuses for him over the years.

Finally, in one of your thoughts you said......."Andy Kennedy has now put Ole Miss in the NCAA tournament two of the past three seasons. Given the program's history, it's one hell of an accomplishment" This is the UM narrative from media and fans that helps perpetuate mediocrity and creates undeserved coach worship. Ole Miss went to five NCAA tournaments in six years with two coaches who have no chance of ever coaching D1 again. Five in six. "one hell of an accomplishment"?
STOP.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.