ADVERTISEMENT

So, can we talk fall baseball?

dreb2018

Rookie
Jun 13, 2018
I'm absolutely here for our 7-0 football start and what LK is doing, but can we have a thread for the reigning national champion's fall ball? Since the draft, I've been chomping at the bit to discuss options for February '23. I think this is the deepest, most talented crop of pitching MB/Laff has gotten to campus on paper despite not getting Ferris to campus. I also think the '23 roster is more talented on paper than '22 when combining vets/portal/signees. I feel like we re-loaded, but could anyone that has been to the scrimmages weigh in? Also, what are we thinking for a possible opening weekend lineup? something like:

Groff - CF/LF
Gonzo - SS
Harris - C
Alderman - RF
Calarco - 1B, I know he hasn't played due to injury I just assume a proven P5 guy takes over this role or gets a shot to
McCants - LF/CF
Lege - 3B
Furniss - 1B/DH
Chatangier - 2B

Feel like Kramer, Simay, Fink, Utermark (assume he's injured?), Wood (ETA), Tolley, Gatlin, Morris will get shots at the lineup but I feel like the above 9 right now will probably get those roles.

G1 - Elliott
G2 - ?
G3 - ?

This pitching staff is about as deep and talented as I can remember and has a true ace-quality arm in Elliott to anchor though I don't know who truly carves out weekend rotation spots otherwise. We already have 3 freshmen in Saunier/Quinn/Galle that have thrown >/= 95 already in the fall which feels unheard of to me in the MB era and 3-4 other talented freshman arms to boot.

Amongst Saunier, Nichols, Quinn, Henninger, Mallitz, JFD, Tolbert, Rivas, Jones, Disbro, Magee, Tookoian, Morris I feel like we can find 2 guys to take over weekend roles and 4-5 guys to anchor a dynamite bullpen and be set.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.